Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: interesting ride to work today...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scottb
nice day scheduled so i take the teener out of the box and head to work. cruising along fine then... buck, hesitate, nearly stall, buck, back-fire and roll into the parking lot of a drug store....

hmmmmmm

not hot... been running fine a couple of days prior. almost call a flatbed but call the wife first. comes and gets me, we drop the kids off at school and head back. it was a quick and easy fix.

OUT OF FRIGGIN" GAS!!!!!

gas guage showed 1/4 tank. i almost always keep it full but hadn't been to get a fill lately. thought i was fine. oh well. lesson learned.
Joe Ricard
Yea you should know better. I "TRY" and not let my tank below 1/4. Because everytime I did I end up with carb problems.

Yes I have flushed the tank. Just always seems to be junk near the end of a tank. How it gets by the filter is beyond me. I use a Big FI filter now. But now I just make a bee line to the gas station before the weekend. Try not to store it for too long with a full tank as I want the freshest gas possible.

Oh back on topic glad you figured it out and din't cost nuthin but a few flowers for the wife. beer.gif
DipShit
Well at least you didn't have to push it 5 miles like I did. Nice thing is they roll REAL easy!

laugh.gif
scruz914
Good thing you didn't call for the flatbed. Just goes to show, you have to start with the basics when working out a problem. Never overlook the obvious.
scottb
knocked like a fiend after i got it started again. took a block or so for that to quiet down....

funny thing, the first thought i had was "sweet! an excuse for a new engine! now what do i want????"

Lyressa Roberts
DOH!!!!

I don't think I would have admitted that!!!

slap.gif
scrz914
Interesting. My car died on the weekend...acted like it was out of fuel but the guage showed 1/4 tank left. I thought it might be a dying fuel pump or regulator... was set to major engine analysis but maybe I'd better check the gas tank first. Thanks for your timely thread.

Tony
ematulac
Nice! I rolled into a gas station. biggrin.gif

Same thing here, gauge showed 1/4 tank left. Thought I 'broke' the engine, cos I was racing my brother in his miata. happy11.gif
redshift
Up until a couple months ago, my gauge showed lower than actual.. now it does what you described.

smile.gif

M
JB 914
QUOTE (scottb @ Jun 15 2005, 08:58 AM)

OUT OF FRIGGIN" GAS!!!!!

gas guage showed 1/4 tank. i almost always keep it full but hadn't been to get a fill lately. thought i was fine. oh well. lesson learned.

You are officially welcome to party with Skline, Aaron and Brando for any late night parts hauls.

hide.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.