Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: No power at pin 13 for fuel pump
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
carking1996
So trying to get these electrical issues fixed, I'm trying to use the original black red wire from the relay board for the fuel pump. I've got a ground connected to the proper place as shown in a lot of discussions/tech articles. But I have no power at pin 13. Any causes for this? Relay is good, everything seems like it should work, just no power at that pin with the key on (or off of course).
BeatNavy
QUOTE(carking1996 @ Aug 22 2018, 04:40 PM) *

So trying to get these electrical issues fixed, I'm trying to use the original black red wire from the relay board for the fuel pump. I've got a ground connected to the proper place as shown in a lot of discussions/tech articles. But I have no power at pin 13. Any causes for this? Relay is good, everything seems like it should work, just no power at that pin with the key on (or off of course).

If you've done the proper troubleshooting procedures then it most likely points to a relay board trace fault. Check continuity from where pin 13 connects on relay board to pin 87 on relay 75 (fuel pump relay).

A while back I recreated Paul "Brad" Anders fuel pump troubleshooting procedures into a PowerPoint presentation (because it was offline, and I had a printed copy). PM me with your email address and I can send you a copy (PDF or otherwise).
carking1996
QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Aug 22 2018, 06:01 PM) *

If you've done the proper troubleshooting procedures then it most likely points to a relay board trace fault. Check continuity from where pin 13 connects on relay board to pin 87 on relay 75 (fuel pump relay).

A while back I recreated Paul "Brad" Anders fuel pump troubleshooting procedures into a PowerPoint presentation (because it was offline, and I had a printed copy). PM me with your email address and I can send you a copy (PDF or otherwise).

I will give that a go and if it doesn't work, I'll get a new relay board.
Shadowfax
What year is your car? I had a similar issue on my ‘74. It was the seatbelt interlock relay. Jeff Bowlsby has a post showing how to jumper the wires and bypass the relay.
carking1996
QUOTE(Shadowfax @ Aug 23 2018, 08:56 AM) *

What year is your car? I had a similar issue on my ‘74. It was the seatbelt interlock relay. Jeff Bowlsby has a post showing how to jumper the wires and bypass the relay.

It's a 75. Seeing as everything else on the board seems okay, I'm not sure it's the relay board yet. I'll do a search for that seatbelt interlock relay bypass.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
1.8 or 1.7 2.0 engine and injection system?

QUOTE(carking1996 @ Aug 22 2018, 01:40 PM) *

carking1996
It's a 2.0. It has carbs, but the PO wired the fuel pump directly to a fuse (the one for the cluster and other things under the dash) to keep it on with the ignition. I'm trying to use the original black/red wire instead.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
ok that clarifies, you can put a jumper in the fuel pump relay receptacle, jump the 7 to the 11 pin. I can clarify later

QUOTE(carking1996 @ Aug 23 2018, 06:30 AM) *

It's a 2.0. It has carbs, but the PO wired the fuel pump directly to a fuse (the one for the cluster and other things under the dash) to keep it on with the ignition. I'm trying to use the original black/red wire instead.
carking1996
So. Turns out I'm not getting power at the pump relay either. Bad board?
dr914@autoatlanta.com
power to the board is provided through the red wire on pin 14 that attaches to the battery positive post, then goes through the fuel pump fuse a 25 amp in the rear position of the relay board (rear of the car)

QUOTE(carking1996 @ Aug 23 2018, 10:30 AM) *

So. Turns out I'm not getting power at the pump relay either. Bad board?

carking1996
Yes the board is getting power for sure. Not hearing the fuel pump relay click. So it has no power. Unsure why.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.