Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lookng for source for CIS nipple
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dr Evil
Hello all,

I am looking for a place to purchase the nipple that goes onto the CIS pressure accumulator. It is a wierd thread and size and I have had no luck locally. I knew that CIS was used on many cars so I went to Ecology auto wrecking and pulled one off of an accumulator for a VW Fox or Jetta. The only problem now is that the inner and outer diameter of the nipple part itself are too small. The part that attaches to the accumulator itself is the right size, though. What can I do? I'll try to take a pic today so I cna clear this up if I am confusing anyone.
Thanks wacko.gif
ArtechnikA
Earl's has an AN-6 adapter for that. it's in the power steering section of their adapters. you will need a fairly fat-section O-ring, but otherwise works fine with the VW CIS (BTDT).

in San Diego - the big Earl's distributor was Industrial Liquidators in Kearney Mesa on Ruffner Road between Clairemont Mesa Boulevard and Raytheon Rd. (couple blocks east of 805). donno if they're still there, but it's where i'd try first...
messix
cis nipples? would that be las vegas, miami, or new york?

i vote miami ! cool_shades.gif
Joe Ricard
QUOTE (messix @ Jun 15 2005, 11:11 AM)
cis nipples? would that be las vegas, miami, or new york?

i vote miami ! cool_shades.gif

Dats a pink nipple... I'll take 2 please.
Lots of CIS cars in the junk yards. Bet you can find one there. Or a Dealer of Audi VW Porsche Mercedes
Dr Evil
So far I have had no luck with Industrial Liquidators (all of thiers were inverted flange), or any of the Porsche parts places that I have called. No one had it on the schematic. Here is a pic for ya'll to consider. I hope that someone can help me find this piece.
Dr Evil
Piece removed.
Dr Evil
Here is the smaller one that I keep finding in the junkyards side by side with the one I need.
Dr Evil
another side by side.
ejm
So the threaded part is correct but the hose barb is too small? I've got a box of CIS stuff...could prolly match it up with some exact measurements
ArtechnikA
sorry if i wasn't sufficiently explicit before...

here's the Earl's application page:
Earl's Powers Steering and FI Adapters
this is the part you need:
991955ERL 16mm x 1.50 AN-6 Power Steering / Fuel Injection - "O" Ring Seal
991956ERL 18mm x 1.50 AN-6 Power Steering - "O" Ring Seal

i don't recall if you need the 18mm or the 16mm - IIRC it's the 16 but it doesn't matter - get whichever size you need.

you WILL need a thick cross-section O-ring (i may have mentioned this before).

if you're using AN-6 fuel hose, you're done - just get an appropriate hose end and connect. if you're *not* using AN-6, you can get an adapter to whatever you're're using from the AN-6 fitting.

i have done this, it works.
Dr Evil
Ed,
that is exactly correct. The barb that I need has a ID of approx 6mm and an OD of about 8mm. If you have this part, that would be awsome!

Rich,
I'll look into that if the OE part is impossible to find.

Thanks guys!
ejm
how's this....6mm bolt just slides inside the nipple...the barb is 8-8.5mm depending where it's measured (peak/valley)...the thread fitting is sitting next to a nut that measures 13mm across the flats....the fitting itself is 17mm across the flats and has internal threads 12X1.5mm...a 914 wheel bolt threads into it...
Dr Evil
smilie_pokal.gif Thats it! The nut is not necessary as the nipple fits inside many sizes of nuts. But, the nipple measurements are right on! What do I owe you? You rock aktion035.gif
ejm
Send me a PM with your address....you can buy me a beer at Hershey '06 beer3.gif
Dr Evil
Done! Thanks.
ChrisReale
This is what 914club is all about! Right on guys smilie_pokal.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.