Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can anyone identify these sensors?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tdskip
Good morning. Picking at the "turbo" car to try and fully figure out how this thing was set up.

I have two sensors(?) where my finger is pointing that plumb into the intake manifold going cylinders. They appear to be powered.

Anyone recognize these? Ideas on what they do?

BTW: The single black hose on the passenger side of that assembly goes to an "automatic fuel control" set up on the single Weber. The line coming off that assembly appears to be a vacuum gauge.
Tdskip
Larger shot so you can see the set up

dr914@autoatlanta.com
looks like aftermarket oil pressure sending units
Tdskip
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Aug 23 2018, 10:54 AM) *

Hi George - thanks for the response and hope you are having a good week.

Since they are plumbed into the intake (where vacuum is) think they might be triggering oil pressure flow to elsewhere on the engine (more specifically to the turbo)?

Mueller
I'd say some sort of hobbs switch that once activated turns something on, like a water injector or extra fuel injector.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
good point, did not recognize the engine, just the shape and connections of the sender. If a turbo certainly

QUOTE(Tdskip @ Aug 23 2018, 09:03 AM) *

Since they are plumbed into the intake (where vacuum is) think they might be triggering oil pressure flow to elsewhere on the engine (more specifically to the turbo)?
worn
QUOTE(Tdskip @ Aug 23 2018, 09:03 AM) *

Are they measuring vacuum or booost pressure? I cannot tell where any of the lines go to from the photos, but can you trace the wires or hoses?
Tdskip
QUOTE(Mueller @ Aug 23 2018, 11:41 AM) *

I'd say some sort of hobbs switch that once activated turns something on, like a water injector or extra fuel injector.

Oh - interesting idea! Don't see any watt injection but let me see if I am missing an additional fuel circuit.

Let's try to better chase the wiring.

The way these are plumed they would react to manifold pressure. I am not sure if they are vacuum or boost sensitive but my guess would be boost.

Thanks for all of the ideas and responses!

914 archeology is fun stuff with you guys.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.