Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB CA Blue Plates
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
EdwardBlume
Looking for a pair of CA blue plates for a 74. Will go on a 914/6 conversion.

Thanks
Tom_T
QUOTE(Edward Blume @ Aug 23 2018, 09:37 AM) *

Looking for a pair of CA blue plates for a 74. Will go on a 914/6 conversion.

Thanks

Do some google searches, as there are a few SoCal, NoCal & Sacto area guys who sell them online, & post pix so you can find some interesting numbers. The guy with the Sacto one is the ex-DMV employee who used to do the plate reassignment checks & at Sacto DMV who gave me the number.

I got an NOS 1956 series trailer plate from a local seller on evil-bay, & the 1960 year sticker from the Sacto guy, & he was supper helpful even when he didn't sell me the plate (trailers & motorcycles only need one p[late at rear BTW).

CL & other car websites are other options, as well as 914club, Renn, PCA, local to you car & swap meets, etc. as possible sources.

You should be able to find some nice gold on blue plates for your -6.

PS - I'd have given you the links & phone number to DMV plate check, but both my old phone & old laptop dies with the info, but I may have it posted on one of the other topics on the subject from a couple of years back, that I suggested in the other post of yours about this.

Good Luck! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
JeffBowlsby
I just did this for my LE this year Rob. There is a process, its not hard but there are avoidable pitfalls that can stress you out. Talk to me. Plan on spending several months locating the correct 1974 plates, getting them restored and then applying/waiting for DMV.

It can be done anytime, so if you don't want to wait just mount whatever plates they give you for now.

Here is the list of 1974-specific plate ranges to assist you in finding a correct 1974 plates:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=327161&hl=
914xr75
I have successfully used the YOM program for three pairs of blue and yellow plates and two pairs of black California plates on vintage cars and motorcycles. Just so you know, they don't check the year of the plates. As long as you have the year registration sticker and a nice original or restored pair you're good to go. They must be DMV clear. That said, I would only use the 6-digit blue and yellow California plates, not the seven digits of later years. Probably would work, but I've never tried that one.
914_7T3
I have a pair for a ‘74. 6 digit letter L, in need of restoration. A little bent and rusty, but you can have them @ N/C if you will do the resto and not resell them. PM me on Monday if you are interested and I will dig them out of the garage.

beerchug.gif
SO.O.C914er
Why would you want Old school Cali plates for a car in Pa?? Just wondering idea.gif confused24.gif
Larmo63
Have you tried the Old Plate Guy?

He's in Santa Ana.

(714) 614-5584

Not cheap, but I'll bet he has what you are looking for.
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(914_7T3 @ Aug 23 2018, 05:16 PM) *

I have a pair for a ‘74. 6 digit letter L, in need of restoration. A little bent and rusty, but you can have them @ N/C if you will do the resto and not resell them. PM me on Monday if you are interested and I will dig them out of the garage.

beerchug.gif

TOTALLY! I will completely restore them and use them!

Parked next to this one...

914_7T3
QUOTE(Edward Blume @ Aug 23 2018, 08:16 PM) *

QUOTE(914_7T3 @ Aug 23 2018, 05:16 PM) *

beerchug.gif

TOTALLY! I will completely restore them and use them!

Parked next to this one...

Done deal! There is a picture of them on this for sale thread from a few months ago.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...=0#entry2642057

beer3.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.