Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How does the Charcoal Canister hook up on a factory six?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ClayPerrine
Does anyone know about how the charcoal canister is hooked up on a factory six? Did they run the lines into the engine compartment? Did it hook to the fan and the air cleaner?

Does anyone have a diagram or picture I could reference?

worn
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Aug 23 2018, 11:42 AM) *

Does anyone know about how the charcoal canister is hooked up on a factory six? Did they run the lines into the engine compartment? Did it hook to the fan and the air cleaner?

I want to know too. Ended up drilling the fan shroud for pressure and hooking to a k and n filter, but doubt I did it correctly in terms of where the holes were supposed to be.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
there was a nipple on the air cleaner shroud for the blow port but please remember that the 70 sixes did not have a charcoal canister just an expansion tank just 71 72

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Aug 23 2018, 11:42 AM) *

rgalla9146
Two sixes I'm very familiar with.
# 1095 no plastic plumbing down drivers side, no charcoal canister.
# 2567 has plastic plumbing and charcoal canister.
Both are 1970 model year cars.
There has been discussion here on the subject.
I think and others have also concluded the the most likely reason is
destination in the US market.
# 2567 was a California delivery car.
ClayPerrine
There is a charcoal canister mounted on the top of the tank, but the large lines are not hooked to anything. The small line is hooked up.

Mine is #2318, so it may have had them.

Rusty.. being the DAPO, do you know if it had the lines when you got it?

rudedude
Mine is #729 and has the charcoal canister on the tank with lines running down drivers side into engine compartment. I have pictures if you'd like, contact me and i'll get them to you.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
we have two 70 factory cars here, one with only 5200 miles, both do not have charcoal canisters, nor do they have the holes for the lines down the rocker panel. All of the four 71 sixes we have here have the canisters and lines
rudedude
Mine was made 3/70 and delivered in california
SKL1
Have a friend here (original owner) with a '70 real 6 and his has NO charcoal cannister.

I had a real '71 6 I never should have sold (I know, I know) and for the life of me can't remember if it had one or not.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.