Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What grade should i use
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
fatlando
i had this info but lost it......anyway, i have a 75 2.0 and live in the coolest place in the world.

Bremerton, Washington

What's the best I should use? pray.gif
ArtechnikA
is this a street car, or does it see track time?
how often are you going to change the oil?

if it is a street car and you plan to change the oil frequently, you will not receive enough benefit to justify the cost of synthetic. a nice 15W-50 or so in a good name brand - Kendall is good, or Shell Rotella.

for a car that sees track service or extended drain intervals, a synthetic can be good. Jake likes Royal Purple synthetic in T-IV's, says it cools better than Mobil-1. if ultimate heat rejection isn't a big issue. Mobil-1 works fine.

either use a good dino oil and change it frequently, or a good synthetic with extended cold pour characteristics.

15 or 20 for the bottom number, 40 or 50 for the top number.

just about anything yuo can buy today is world's better than the best available in 1970...
jim912928
I'm in the midwest and use 20-50.
rhodyguy
20 miles further south than you lando. 10-40 kendall, dino. parts plus usually has it on sale and they have rebate coupons too. i warned you the nice warm, dry winter was something not to depend on. biggrin.gif

k
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.