Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for photos of flared cars with 911 stone guard....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
Looking for some pictures of flared 914s with the 911 stone guard on the rear flare like the 80's 911 had. My rear flares are taking a beating from the stones while auto-crossing. If you have that please post a picture or two. Thanks! beerchug.gif
GaroldShaffer
Like this
flmont
I like the rear only flares look I would hope to do that someday soon..!
dr.tim
A material source would be nice too.
whitetwinturbo
Wow.........that white sled .............. aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif
Chris914n6
I'd do a clear bra but if you want serious toughness skateboard grip.
falcor75
Contact your local company that puts vinyl on taxis and trade-vans etc. They will have clear film that they use to protect bumpers etc.
VegasRacer
You can easily find more pictures of Elvira, but this one clearly shows the flare guards. With all of the patina on the car, I can tell the guards have done an excellent job of keeping that area from being worn down to bare metal. (notice the flare on the rocker panel)
Click to view attachment
SirAndy
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Aug 23 2018, 11:42 PM) *
I'd do a clear bra

idea.gif

The flares on my red car are fiberglass and there's some serious pitting and holing in that area from all the rocks and pebbles.

I think clear would probably look better on most cars, the black guards just don't do it for me ...
popcorn[1].gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Aug 24 2018, 01:06 PM) *

I'd do a clear bra

idea.gif

The flares on my red car are fiberglass and there's some serious pitting and holing in that area from all the rocks and pebbles.

I think clear would probably look better on most cars, the black guards just don't do it for me ...
popcorn[1].gif

I agree. The black might look good with my silver metallic but to be safe, I am going with clear.
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Aug 24 2018, 11:42 AM) *

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Aug 24 2018, 01:06 PM) *

I'd do a clear bra

idea.gif

popcorn[1].gif

I agree. The black might look good with my silver metallic but to be safe, I am going with clear.

While I agree, with my car being ALL orange I think the black will look better. I did think about the clear also and may switch to that if I don't like how the black looks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.