Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: AC Compressor Belt replacement
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jdamiano
I have the dealer installed York compressor on me 73. The belt looks spent. Do I have to pull the engine to replace it?
mgphoto
I know the fan, fan housing and passenger engine tin must come off!
Four bolts hold the engine in.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(mgphoto @ Aug 25 2018, 12:25 PM) *

Uhhhh... No.... The fan housing and passenger tin don't have to come off.

Pull the tin in front of the engine, Pull the three bolts that hold the fan. You have to fish the belt between the fan housing and the case, but it should go in just fine.

jdamiano
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Aug 25 2018, 05:38 PM) *

Pull the tin in front of the engine, Pull the three bolts that hold the fan. You have to fish the belt between the fan housing and the case, but it should go in just fine.

Clay,
I’m going to be and Alaska Blue 73 with a black hood stripe with Florida plates at Octeenerfest. If it works out introduce yourself and maybe you can point out the process for me. I saw you’re on the list.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(jdamiano @ Aug 25 2018, 06:52 PM) *

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Aug 25 2018, 05:38 PM) *

Clay,
I’m going to be and Alaska Blue 73 with a black hood stripe with Florida plates at Octeenerfest. If it works out introduce yourself and maybe you can point out the process for me. I saw you’re on the list.

I am looking forward to it. I can use Betty's 914 to show you her compressor setup. Find the Orange 914 1.8 with the Blue 914-6. Both have Texas plates.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.