Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 74 2.0 Barnfind update
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ctc911ctc
The engine runs great - once I figured out the starter CLANKING issue (last post) the car started! Runs smooth. All of the cylinders are 130+ lbs/sqi - YEA! So it seems that the odometer is correct at 20K miles.

When the engine runs, it runs VERY rich - seems to be vacuum related. So I plugged all of the holes and it still runs rich.

1. I know the Manifold Pressure Sensor is not working - failed the vacuum test (ordered the bellows from Tangerine.

2. The de-accelerator valve is not connected to the throttle body, the RIGHT ANGLE connector to the throttle body is missing...

Can anyone point me to a vendor that has that part? Hate to try and fabricate this part........
914Sixer
Post some pictures or cut and paste picture from PET.
Dave_Darling
If the MPS is leaking, it will think it is seeing high manifold pressure (lots of air going in) at all times and will run rich. There's a decent chance that is covering up some other issues as well, but you will have to deal with the MPS problem first.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.