Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New to D-jet
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nditiz1
So I'm new to the mysterious D-jet and have sent my injectors out to Mr. Injector. I would like to have a backup set during down time so as to not be off the road. Are the FJ6 from summit to go to choice for new injectors for a GC 2.0? What's wrong with the GP Sorensen from autozone or pretty much any others out there?

Thanks smart guys.
mepstein
Bill usually turns them around in 24-48 hours so you might get them back before you get the new ones.
914Sixer
FJ67 from Standard Motor Products (SMP). Most places are selling 1.8 injectors which are the same as VW Bug.
saigon71
I bought some core injectors at Jim's sale & think there are some 2.0's.

I wouldn't install them without sending them to Mr. Injector first though.

Mark is right, Mr. Injector turns them around quickly. I'd wait for them. If you want some spares after that, let me know and I'll see what I find.

As long as you can find good cores, I see no need to buy new. In my experience, OEM 2.0 injectors are relatively bullet proof.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Aug 28 2018, 08:41 PM) *

FJ67 from Standard Motor Products (SMP). Most places are selling 1.8 injectors which are the same as VW Bug.

Nope.. The 1.8L injectors are not the same as a bug. They will plug in and work, but they don't flow enough fuel.

If you have L-Jet, find the injectors for a 912E. Those will flow enough fuel, and they are available at FLAPS.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.