Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Car Insurance
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jgara962
Looking for insurance for my new 914 (will hopefully post pics soon) but need to get my insurance taken care of since my 30 days are almost up. Has anyone had any experiences with Hagerty Classic Car Insurance? They have really good pricing, but aren't the company that insures my daily drivers.

Thanks

driving.gif
Bleyseng
I use Hagerty, bout $150 a year for the 914. Stated value, backed up with pics and a PCA valuation
Jenny
Howard had them as a sponsor for WCC 05. Maybe he'll chime in..

Jen
Bleyseng
Jen, can you even get insurance on your 914? wink.gif
Jenny
Don't need it. I've wrapped the car in bubble wrap, and put tennis balls in the sharp corners. slap.gif

Jen biggrin.gif
jgara962
Their online quote for me was about $150/year also. The regular insurance company wants $410/year. That's an extra $260 I could be spending on parts! biggrin.gif
Midtowner
That's it. I'm switching to Hagerty. I pay $410 per year for a $6,000 valuation on my '73 2.0. I guess the savings will go into the rollerbearing fund or something like that. smile.gif
mikelsr
Make sure that you look at the coverage Hagerty is offering and compare it to what you currently have, you may find a big difference and that is part of the cost reduction. Lowest price isn't always the best deal if you have an accident and someone gets hurt.

Just a thought.
914rrr
Another thing to consider: no antique / collector car insurance company will write a policy unless you have a daily driver that is less than 10 years old for each driver in your household. They will quote you all day long, but that requirement is industry wide. I have yet to find a company that didn't have this requirement. If anybody DOES know of a company that will, I'd love to find out.
jgara962
Yes, that was one of the requirements. It also has to be kept in a locked garage. I think the savings is in the amount of coverage when I compare the two quotes.
mistro
I use them, car valued at $10K, about $150/year, no claim made but they are certainly reputable. Michael
messix
i just got on with them. $70. a year for 6k value.

had to call to get prof. card. very helpfull.
GaroldShaffer
I have them also. Agreed value of $9500, ~$168 a year. There are limits, must be in a locked garage, under 6000 miles a year, no driving to work / mall. I can live with all of this since my 914 is a sunny day & AX car. I have never had to file a claim and hope I never have to.
BMartin914
I use Aon. Same stipulations as most of the other collector car insurers - but no mileage limit. $90/year. $10 K agreed value.
Midtowner
Geez, I'm getting ripped off from AAA. Yes, my 914 lives in the garage with way less than 6000 miles. Daily ride is a 2005 Magnum R/T. My wife drives a 2004 Acura TSX. So, I should qualify. Calling Hagerty tomorrow! biggrin.gif
Howard
QUOTE (Jenny @ Jun 15 2005, 04:52 PM)
Howard had them as a sponsor for WCC 05. Maybe he'll chime in..

Jen

It's not practical to give advice on the board. Everyone's situation is a bit different, states have varying rules, so blanket advice just doesn't work. Feel free to PM me if you have a specific question, or if in CA, visit our web site shown below for an actual quotation.
yarin
I use State Farm Insurance. My family has been with them for many years. $160/month with a $100 deductable. Same details, must be garaged, limited mileage, etc. Agreed replacement value of $11k

I was about to go with Hagerty, but i dont have another car registered in my name.

jd74914
Dad's 911 is with Hagerty. About $150 a year, its valued at $15K, there is no milage limit for him, but the coverage does not apply on the track (obviously).

I wish I could get it, but since I'll be under 21 when I finish my teener I'll need normal insurance.

BTW: Anyone know of any VW internal designations for the 914 (I'm trying to get insurance as an old VW)
Eric_Shea
I use them $210 for both Porsche's
meares
i use them......138/yr.......coverage out the ying-yang for ANYTHING i could think of...250 deduct..garaged...no limit on mileage
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (jd74914 @ Jun 16 2005, 01:41 PM)
BTW: Anyone know of any VW internal designations for the 914 (I'm trying to get insurance as an old VW)

have a look at the data plate in your front trunk.

but i would NOT advocate insurance fraud.
if (for example) you insure it as a $500 car, you'll be hurting if you ever have to file a claim...
Dad Roberts
I've had Hagerty for the last couple years on my 58 Custom Cadillac, and for the last year on my Vdub. The cars are insured for $20,000 apiece. Total for both a little over $600. I recently had a claim on the Vdub (door ding in the graphics, with a paint chip.......dumb biatch mad.gif ) that totaled close to $800. Called Hagerty on Monday morning, was told to send estimate and pics. I sent them on Thursday morning via email. Friday morning I get a call verifying the info and my choice of shop and am informed the check will be sent out with my name and the name of the shop on it. One week later check arrived as promised. I have never dealt with a more friendly OR speedy company. They were genuinely concerned that I get my car fixed quickly and correctly. I asked about the fact that that the perp ( dumb biatch again ,mad.gif ) claimed they would contest it and the lady at Hagerty said, no problem, we will handle them. As I stated before, very swift and helpful. I would recommend them highly.......................Dad driving.gif
Midtowner
Without sounding like that TV commercial: "I just saved 60% on my car insurance!" The difference goes into a fund for better brakes. I'm a happy camper now! biggrin.gif
Midtowner
Oh yeah, got coverage through Hagerty. Terms & Conditions seemed reasonable to me. smile.gif
Dead Air
I found one of their quotes (for the M-a-z-d-a) from last year while going through some ins. papers. My current co. is charging me $240 without comprehensive!

Haggerty said $87
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.