Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How long has it been on non op?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
EdwardBlume
This should be a crime
Tom_T
Mine NO since `92, but really since '85 not being driven - but life happens .... & gets in the way! dry.gif

At least that one & mine were kept & can resurface at some point! driving.gif driving-girl.gif

Congratz! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
JmuRiz
About 10 years for mine, last time it was driven more than 10 miles was almost 11 years ago (coming back from my wedding)

Life gets in the way...hard to justify a toy for 1 person to enjoy when a house and other stuff can be enjoyed by the whole family.
I do hope to finish it in a year or so, hot rod engine is almost finished biggrin.gif
914forme
Dad's 914-61976!you do the math it makes me icon8.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(914forme @ Aug 28 2018, 10:23 PM) *

Dad's 914-61976!you do the math it makes me icon8.gif

Double edge sword. It might have been sold if it was running.
bbrock
Click to view attachment

1986... but I'm workin' on it! smash.gif
Krieger
You are forgiven as long as it's going on the 914
bmtrnavsky
2012 but it’s getting worked on!
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(Krieger @ Aug 28 2018, 08:50 PM) *

You are forgiven as long as it's going on the 914

Do you see the light?
Chip
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Aug 28 2018, 08:10 PM) *

About 10 years for mine, last time it was driven more than 10 miles was almost 11 years ago (coming back from my wedding)

Life gets in the way...hard to justify a toy for 1 person to enjoy when a house and other stuff can be enjoyed by the whole family.
I do hope to finish it in a year or so, hot rod engine is almost finished biggrin.gif

agree.gif
type47fan
"You oughta know by now . . .
. . . At least he can polish the fenders." - Billy Joel

My '76 has been NO since 2006. That's when the California 30 year rolling emissions exemption was not renewed by the state legislature.

The fenders are really shiny, though! fuchia914.jpg
mlindner
Mine has been off the road 28 yrs. (1990). Next summer is the new run date. Best, MarkClick to view attachment Click to view attachment
JmuRiz
QUOTE(mlindner @ Aug 29 2018, 02:23 AM) *

Mine has been off the road 28 yrs. (1990). Next summer is the new run date. Best, Mark

Worth the wait!!!
cassmcentee
New to the Forum!
1973 2.0
Just got back from the DMV
Been Non-Op since '95
Bit of a Rust Bucket going up onto the Rotisserie
I'll start asking plenty of questions, wish me luck!
Cass
shades.gif Click to view attachment
gandalf_025
Sticker is still on the windshield... I've posted this before...
30 years and counting now...

Click to view attachment
mlindner
Nathan, you are correct (life gets in the way). Also other cars, a newer 914, than a 928, next 98-993 Carrera S, now a 2007 Cayman S, and last back to the start with the old 914 1.8L almost done 914-6 GT Tribute. Can't wait...Road American (home track), Sebring, and would love to get to Watkins Glenn.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.