Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Weltmeister Front Sway Bar Install
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cdn914
I am installing a 19mm Weltmeister front sway bar under the gas tank. I have drilled the holes and will be welding in Brad Mayeur's reinforcement kit. I noticed that the mounting surfaces on the car are not flat enough for the reinforcement plates and that each is not necessarily parallel to the other side or perfectly perpendicular. I am concerned that the bar will not move freely in the bushings if the reinforcement plates are just welded on the flat surfaces. What have others done about the welding the flat reinforcement plates since the bottom angle is not flat on the inner fender?
HansJan
Using the 914ltd reinforcement plates, I welded it just flush against the mounting surface. No problem with binding at all. I am using the SRP Sway bar assembly (that uses what appear to be nylon bushings).

I would say "Don't worry about it".
bigkensteele
agree.gif

I just installed mine a few weeks ago. The passenger side lined up pretty well to the indent present on the body, but the driver side, not as much. I just drilled the center hole where it needed to be, rather than basing it on where the little U on the inside was. Does that make sense? Anyway, it turned out fine. No binding.
tomeric914
...and install a couple of 19mm split collars to keep the awy bar from sliding back and forth. See this link http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?s=&...t&p=2568069
cdn914
Thanks for the feedback.
porschetub
Why 19mm ? are you doing something other than normal driving,if not you may find it pretty hard ,15mm in my car and works fine,sorry just asking.
cdn914
Personal preference for the six.
Dave_Darling
It is also a readily-available size, and since it is adjustable you can soften it up so that it gives about the same roll resistance as the stock 15mm one.

smile.gif

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.