Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Custom dashboard upholstery and interior
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
totle
Hi,

I am about to remove the dashcap on my 914-6 GT build.
I am thinking of getting a new upholstery in leather with tangerine french stitching around the instruments. (Car is L21E, Tangerine)

I have googled around but can not find many pictures of this done.

Anyone here thta have done a custom upholstery of dashboard or other interior parts in the 914 ?
914Sixer
Ebay seller has what you want. Orange Stitching. Item 391535226242
1stworks
Here's my outlaw dash

IPB Image
BIGKAT_83
Bad picture. Had both the Dash and knee pad done.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
burton73
factory 916 dash and headliner

Bob B

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Mikey914
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Aug 30 2018, 06:13 AM) *

We've done he entire process before we made the dashes. Pretty easy to make the skin. much more difficult to install. I could sell you a skin for $150 USD, save you about 20%
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(BIGKAT_83 @ Aug 30 2018, 09:22 AM) *

Bad picture. Had both the Dash and knee pad done.

I approve of this messege...SWEET! beerchug.gif

Oscar
billh1963
If I were to do a custom dash I would still do a Getty one....one of my favorite 914 dash looks

Click to view attachment
Robnxious
Are any of these stitched dashes made by the Ebay seller in the link that was posted above? I looked more at their page, and they also do the stitching in different colors, so you could have it match your paint. Or are they all things that people had made for them locally to themselves?
totle
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Aug 30 2018, 03:13 PM) *

Thanks, will have a look at this :-)
RickS
Be aware that leather dashes have a tendency to shrink with age causing buckling. Just saw this again on a 930 last week. Same year car next to it had vinyl and no issues. If you keep your car garaged, your dash well conditioned and covered when parked in the sun, your should be good. I cover mine with towels when parked outside.
BIGKAT_83
They guy that did my work recommended doing it in vinyl over leather.
Same price for both. I went for the vinyl.
agree.gif
sb914
Or ......! Click to view attachment
bmtrnavsky
That carbon is kinda cool... I wonder if that shiny dash would be annoying with glare from the sun.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.