Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB Boxster trans backup switch connector
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
dwillouby
Hello,

I need the plug in connector /wires to connect to the reverse switch on a 02 Boxster S trans.

Anybody have one?

Thanks
David
bdstone914
QUOTE(dwillouby @ Aug 30 2018, 08:40 AM) *

Hello,

I need the plug in connector /wires to connect to the reverse switch on a 02 Boxster S trans.

Anybody have one?

Thanks
David

Did you try Porsche ?
dwillouby
Of Course...

They will sell the complete harness.

Only need the connector.
bdstone914
QUOTE(dwillouby @ Aug 30 2018, 06:10 PM) *

Of Course...

They will sell the complete harness.

Only need the connector.

Did you check with Porsche? Or download PET for free and go thru section 9 to see if they show the connector part number. Many connectors. Post a picture of th connector or switch. The connector is probably not made by Porsche and available elsewhere. Or post of Pelican Boxster forum. You can check with dismantlers too.
yellowporky
I went through the same process a few years ago and finally found a website that sells the connectors, pins and boots. I will try to find the site and post it for you.
Chris
timothy_nd28
I'm totally in the same boat. I have tried several Porsche dismantlers, once they understand what connector I was after, they soon realize its a 5 dollar part and not worth the trouble on their end.
bdstone914
Here is a pic of the switch Does no look like too unusual connector. Very similar to a fuel injector connector.

Try belmetric.com
bdstone914
This should work.

@dwillouby
davesprinkle
That is a two-terminal connector made by AMP, PN 963040-3. It is part of the AMP Junior Power Timer line of connectors. It can be purchased at digikey.com, along with the crimp terminals. You'll need a crimp tool.
bdstone914
QUOTE(davesprinkle @ Sep 1 2018, 07:19 PM) *

That is a two-terminal connector made by AMP, PN 963040-3. It is part of the AMP Junior Power Timer line of connectors. It can be purchased at digikey.com, along with the crimp terminals. You'll need a crimp tool.

Or buy it from O Reilly with wire leads installed for $6 .
davesprinkle
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Sep 1 2018, 08:06 PM) *

Yes. Disadvantage is that the pigtail approach requires a couple of ugly and unreliable butt-splices. And a crimp tool.
bdstone914
QUOTE(davesprinkle @ Sep 1 2018, 09:11 PM) *

QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Sep 1 2018, 08:06 PM) *

Yes. Disadvantage is that the pigtail approach requires a couple of ugly and unreliable butt-splices. And a crimp tool.

Or cut , soldier, shrink wrap the wires.
dwillouby
Thanks,

Will stop by and pick one up.

No problem connecting as have electronic engineering background.

David
ClayPerrine
That is a standard Bosch fuel injector plug. You can buy them as kits direct from Porsche.

I keep a full set of them in my parts stash.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.