Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: odometer
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
vertigo
First thanks for quick replies for trunk repair, parts are on the way. My odometer and trip odometer have experienced another episode of quitting and then working again. This has happened once before. They both stopped working on the way to town and then started working again after car restarted for trip home. Are the spedo's anything like in the 928's? with a poorly designed neoprene gear? Is there anything I should/could look for (or) at?
mihai914
Yes, same type of problem with the bad gear.

Here is a good tech article covering the repair.
HarveyH
Any suggestions for a trip odometer reset that won't disengage? With the knob pulled down or pushed back up, turning the knob will rotate the trip odo. Haven't got under there yet to pull things apart, but thought since the topic was up I might ask...
Thanks,
Harvey
mihai914
That's how it's supposed to work, it's not like later style cars with the push in knob. When you reset it it's better to have the car stopped it will prevent the gear from getting screwed up and losing both odometers.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.