Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: come back home to a surprise
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tat2dphreak
ok, I just got back from Houston(picked up the Red 914) and on my porch was a new and unfamiliar piece of tin... I have the shroud back on my engine, so all I can think of is that someone thought this belonged to my car and put it on my patio... does it belong to my 914? if so... WTF is it and why I haven't I seen it?

huh.gif

another pic here:
WTF?
tryan
that would be the male equivalent of a dalcon shield. you will never get pregnant.
tat2dphreak
confused24.gif
JWest
Nope, not a 914 part. Guess that's what happens when you have a car the looks like the pieces are falling off!
tryan
not a p-car part. looks jap to me. look for a # on it.
Qarl
Klingon skull plate.
ChrisReale
loin plate?
URY914
I don't see any rust so it can't be off a 'teener. laugh.gif
seanery
It looks like un undertray.
My 951 used to have one, they sit under the engine and keep debris and what-not from entering the engine bay.
Supposedly they clean up the air under the car, too.

What kind of car is it from? Beats the hell out of me!
scotty
Looks like the front chest access panel hatch for a T-101 Terminator... did your friend leave any power cells?

--- jconner
MarkV
Maybe it's part of the missing space shuttle debris. w00t.gif
tryan
thats cold.
EdwardBlume
Its Darth Vader's flattened helmet.

tongue.gif
kafermeister
It's a boot horn. Used to hold your boots to aid in removal.

Rick
JWest
Are you guys SURE this isn't a 914 part? I mean - has the 914 limo been spotted in Texas lately? boldblue.gif
maf914
Looks like someone was visiting while you were away and left some pieces behind while making a hasty getaway! rolling.gif
tat2dphreak
one of my neighbors has an old caprice he's always working on... I'm betting it came from that since our cars are next ot each other... the teener up here is looking pretty rough... no engine, no Lid, red beetle rims/tires(my buddy took my EMPIs for his ghia since this is a parts car for now.), wheels chocked with cinderblocks, spot of primer on the Hood... if it were a Camaro it would be clear indication of a redneck, backwoods, hillbilly... good thing it's a VW! blink.gif err... PORSCHE! laugh.gif

thanks for the help guys, I was pretty sure I hadn't seen it on my '14 but I wanted to be sure I wasn't crazier than I thought! :dhead:
Drums66
You got me big daddy confused24.gif Breast plate for the guys on the front lines laugh.gif
VegasRacer
Is this like one of those Rorschack Ink Blot Test ?

I think it looks like a turtle after it got run over by an 18 wheeler.
tat2dphreak
no turtle.. maybe an Armadillo though!

a turtle will duck if you strattle it in a car... an armadillo JUMPS!!! stupid animal! ar15.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.