Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Passenger window seal question ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bandjoey
The passenger window has in and out movement at the top back corner when I move it. That is the one spot I get dripping leaking in The rain The front of the window glass fits into the seal of the roof and window triangle tight.

Ar that back corner I can move the glass in and out about 1/8”. At rest it’s off the rubber seal about 1/16 inch and the seal is not tight until about 8 inches above the door. Is this a window adjustment or a shrunken aged rubber seal?
SirAndy
The window shouldn't move that much.
idea.gif

PS: And yes, you can adjust the glass using the adjustment screws in/on the door.

bandjoey
A track problem? Will the adjustment move the glass into the car at the rear and not the front? Height is perfect all across the top.
SirAndy
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Sep 1 2018, 09:41 PM) *
Height is perfect all across the top.

In that case your geometry is off.
What does your hell-hole look like? Door gaps on that side?

Could be that the windshield frame is bent, but people usually bend it downwards, not upwards.

The track and post have adjustment as well, might be worth playing with that. You'll have to remove the inner door panel for that.

Also check if the glass sits firmly in the bottom channel ...
idea.gif
Mikey914
New one on me.
Yes the window should not moove that much.
Pop off the door panel and hopefully you can find a loose mou ting screw somewhere.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.