914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
larryM
fyi for the few of us who desperately need 'em to replace our worn-off logos

https://globaltrim.com.au/products/scheel-s...tze-button-audi

SirAndy
$135.89 USD

wacko.gif
Lucky9146
Thanks for the tip but Ouch! Mine are not that great but that does seem a bit pricey! Spoke with Andy at Luft and I think he has a solution to reapply the logo to the button. Unfortunately I neglected to follow up with him on it since. Now I will. Doubt it would be anywhere near that price for I believe it was a stencil.
driving.gif white914.jpg
wes
I think it’s the same one on eBAY at “approximately $138.53 USD or Australia $189.00” plus shipping about $15.00.
Larmo63
Wait, my Scheels have buttons?
raynekat
At least you get a pair for that price..... tongue.gif
larryM
QUOTE(Lucky9146 @ Sep 1 2018, 09:26 PM) *

Thanks for the tip but Ouch! Mine are not that great but that does seem a bit pricey! Spoke with Andy at Luft and I think he has a solution to reapply the logo to the button. Unfortunately I neglected to follow up with him on it since. Now I will.

'yup - tho't about trying to duplicate the logo & screen print it - started down that path - requires the time to go find a graphics shop that can do it once i supplied a 'perfect" logo picture - also costs $,

no doubt some on this site have that talent & will do it for nearly free - if we find that guy, i'll gladly have him re-do my worn one cheer.gif

914forme
Nail on the head there, it does only require a bit of software and time, and then it can be printed off in a vinyl and installed on the olde button. You could also customize it to be what ever you wanted it to be.

Any sign shop worth their grain can print the vinyl sheet for you and even have it cut, you just need to apply, and for a small fee they will apply it for you also. My shop charges by the size, something about 8 x 8 costs around 12 bucks. That is something that has a ton of fine detail to it. and is multicolor.

It would have been a 6 to 7 step process in screen printing days.
larryM
this is worth trying

QUOTE(914forme @ Sep 2 2018, 02:55 PM) *

.... it does ... require a bit of software and time, and then it can be printed off in a vinyl and installed on the olde button.

Any sign shop worth their grain can print the vinyl sheet for you and even have it cut, you just need to apply,

- my oem button cover is vinyl, so i wonder if a vinyl stick-on applique will stick or be durable?

after i get the "new" buttons, I'll take to a graphics shop & see what they can do to accomplish the above suggestion on the olde one

of course - one could just make a whole new faux metal or plastic button for the vinyl decal, eh? - maybe sell on ebay for $35 ea?

there are no bounds on entrepreneurship!
burton73
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Sep 1 2018, 08:45 PM) *

$135.89 USD

wacko.gif

For 2 of them. I only have one on my 6

Bob B
larryM
. piratenanner.gif

got mine a few days ago - perfect repros - worth every cent!

(? we guys think our -6's are all 100+K cars, and a crappo scheel is worth $700; but won't pay $139 for a pair of an essential repro item ??????)- i don't get it ......

my oem was worn off completely -

when the paint wears off the first new one, now i got another to replace it

of course i might find a 2nd $1000 seat needing one some day. eh?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.