Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What is this connector?- under air box front cowel- having senior moment!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DRPHIL914
i took this stuff apart almost a year ago and cant remember it all!
this 4 prong pig tail should have a plastic thing it goes into right? i think i remember it falling apart on disassembly - but i dont rember what it is or what it supplies.
bdstone914
Fuel sender connector. Nice over spray on the wiper motor wires. You should have a similar connector for the four ny-tied wireds to the wiper motor.
DRPHIL914
thanks Bruce- having a heck of a time since i didnt take pictures of this or make notes, and yes there is a mess of overspray under there- i may not get this all back together to work- i can drive with out a blower or water squirters but i would like wipers- rainex will help lol!
what is the secret to getting the clamp on thst holds the sider wireon the bottom of the blower?? i got it on but then could not get the box back into the slot had to tey and force it a bit and the clamp popped off! i am about yo just leave those in the open setting and the heck with the slider adjustment!
tmc914
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Sep 2 2018, 10:02 AM) *

Fuel sender connector. Nice over spray on the wiper motor wires. You should have a similar connector for the four ny-tied wireds to the wiper motor.

That is an awesome blown up picture of the wiring diagram. The one I have is so small and when I blow it up the numbers get bury. Where can I buy a large copy or get an electronic copy that is readable to my older eyes?
bbrock
I think those wires with overspray actually go to the blower and the wiper wires have spade terminals (at least on my '73). when you get a connector, this thread might help figure out the pinout: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=331912
mepstein
Prospero's garage https://colorwiringdiagrams.com/products/po...-fuel-injection
11x17 and laminated. free ship. For $20-25, its a must have
tmc914
QUOTE(mepstein @ Sep 2 2018, 11:39 AM) *

Prospero's garage https://colorwiringdiagrams.com/products/po...-fuel-injection
11x17 and laminated. free ship. For $20-25, its a must have

Nice, just ordered 1 for my 1973 and only $19.95, thanks for the info.
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(bbrock @ Sep 2 2018, 11:27 AM) *

I think those wires with overspray actually go to the blower and the wiper wires have spade terminals (at least on my '73). when you get a connector, this thread might help figure out the pinout: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=331912

wipers have spade, but you are right, i checked closer at the wire colors and they are the blower wires, so the longer wires that are darker are for the fuel level sender unit.
so i just need to find a black plug thing that holds the wires
rhodyguy
is this the one? fresh air fan plug. check the wire colors against what you have. red/white stripe, white/green stripe, 2 whites. Is your fan functional?
DRPHIL914
yes thats the ones that have overspray, missing the black holder part
also need to make sure if i plug it in with out the black part that i have it in correctly, but looks like due to the length of the wires it would be hard to put in wrong
worn
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Sep 2 2018, 06:41 AM) *

i took this stuff apart almost a year ago and cant remember it all!
this 4 prong pig tail should have a plastic thing it goes into right? i think i remember it falling apart on disassembly - but i dont rember what it is or what it supplies.

Try lacquer thinner carefully on the wires, rubbing with a cloth or paper towel. A lot of times the overspray will clean off.
cary
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Sep 2 2018, 10:38 AM) *

yes thats the ones that have overspray, missing the black holder part
also need to make sure if i plug it in with out the black part that i have it in correctly, but looks like due to the length of the wires it would be hard to put in wrong

I think the terminals would have a hard time staying in with the vibration from the fan.
We've tore down a couple harnesses, I'll see if the 4 holers are in the terminal box.
cary
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.