Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1976 914 running extremely rich
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jarodswordmaster
Well it took some troubleshooting but I finally got to the bottom of the engine running so rich that it would foul out the plugs after running maybe two minutes and then it was flooded out until I pulled the plugs and cleaned them. Thanks so someone on here I found a great explanation of the head temperature sensor. I checked underneath some old electrical tape and the connection was nonexistent. installed new connectors cranked and she fired right up and idles great. This is a messed up machine my son and I are attempting to bring back to life and we have a LONG way to go. But, it will be a fun adventure.
worn

QUOTE(jarodswordmaster @ Sep 2 2018, 08:27 PM) *

Well it took some troubleshooting but I finally got to the bottom of the engine running so rich that it would foul out the plugs after running maybe two minutes and then it was flooded out until I pulled the plugs and cleaned them. Thanks so someone on here I found a great explanation of the head temperature sensor. I checked underneath some old electrical tape and the connection was nonexistent. installed new connectors cranked and she fired right up and idles great. This is a messed up machine my son and I are attempting to bring back to life and we have a LONG way to go. But, it will be a fun adventure.

welcome.png
jarodswordmaster
I'm having a hard time locating information as to how to remove/replace the ignition switch tumbler. The one in this car is gutted. It's a 1976 and all the images I've seen there are two set screws that can be removed but this one is not removable, It's a one piece casing
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.