Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ground strap location
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DRPHIL914
i know this is silly but i pulled this all apart almost a year ago- i have all the other connectors accounted for except this and maybe one other
cary
Right above the battery in the corner up against the sound pad.
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(cary @ Sep 4 2018, 12:05 AM) *

ok! but why is the strap so long? ok i think i remember that now, but what is this one that is so long? where does it go?
worn
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Sep 3 2018, 09:12 PM) *

QUOTE(cary @ Sep 4 2018, 12:05 AM) *

ok! but why is the strap so long? ok i think i remember that now, but what is this one that is so long? where does it go?

That the positive cable to the starter?
Edit: yeah I think I see the firewall grommet if I am looking correctly.
DRPHIL914
ok, ao this goest to the starter, , and the other bunch of red wires are the positive to the harness! ,
and the second pic, i had this in a box, , could it be used for battery ground?
DRPHIL914
found this picture from back when i was taking it all off- shows the positive , the 4 reds, and main one is the black one that i have that is long and goes to the starter- mystery solved but i have to find that ground strap for battery to body
mepstein
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Sep 4 2018, 12:50 AM) *

found this picture from back when i was taking it all off- shows the positive , the 4 reds, and main one is the black one that i have that is long and goes to the starter- mystery solved but i have to find that ground strap for battery to body

They sell them at flaps for a couple dollars. Nothing special.
worn
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Sep 3 2018, 09:24 PM) *

ok, ao this goest to the starter, , and the other bunch of red wires are the positive to the harness! ,
and the second pic, i had this in a box, , could it be used for battery ground?

Yes, the lower cable would go to the negative terminal and the grounding stud on the car body. Looks like it was replaced with the braided type of cable. The originals were insulated. I personally like the braided cables cause they are flexible.
Bartlett 914
Don't forget the ground strap from the transmission to the body!
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Bartlett 914 @ Sep 4 2018, 11:41 AM) *

Don't forget the ground strap from the transmission to the body!

yea, that is how i ended up with this braided one i ordered a ground strap- i was going to replace the old one on transmission and was sent this-
Triaddave
You mean the ground strap from the tranny to the body, the one we always forget to disconnect when we pull the engine?
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Triaddave @ Sep 4 2018, 12:40 PM) *

You mean the ground strap from the tranny to the body, the one we always forget to disconnect when we pull the engine?

they sent me the wrong one, but anyway don't think my tranny-body strap is really that bad, i just thought i would put a new one on since the motor and trans were out for paint. - i have to clean off the paint from the grounding spot, but that may be about all i have left to do besides hook up the battery, and i should be able to start it. !!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.