Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Open Starter Circuit
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ctc911ctc
To all very helpful 914-World readers.

Car was parked in 1988 - not moved since - just started Resurrection in June of this year.

I just started working on the ignition switch - it would not energize starter. NP, I used a jumper for the past few months and ordered a replacement switch. Yesterday I tested the switch on the bench, it worked fine. Installed and still would not energize the starter.

The seat-belt 'safety-switch' has been jumpered, testing at this junction there is an open circuit between the ignition connector and the seat junction of the two Yellow wires.

Question: Is the wire between the ignition plug and the seat junction a solid wire?[u] Or, is there a junction block between the two measurement points?

While I started to run this wire down I noticed that there was hay in the fuse area, so I dropped the fuse panel and found a very large mouse nest. May take the rest of the day to clean this up.......very dirty little critters....
ClayPerrine
It is supposed to be a solid wire between the ignition switch and the seat belt interlock.

Make sure you have continuity between the ignition switch yellow wire and the one under the passenger seat.

ctc911ctc
FIXED

Had a car alarm in the circuit - will remove tomorrow - should purr once complete.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.