Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Faux Leather Rubber Steering Wheel
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jagalyn
I have a faux leather style 914 steering wheel with loose rubber at the top of the wheel that is loose and spins. I've purchased a leather covered bakelite wheel to replace it. Just wondering if there is any use for the old wheel?
Jeff
mepstein
You can take a needle and inject some glue through the rubber in a couple places. It should tighten things up. Some of the foam wheels make good bases under a new leather wrap.
burton73
QUOTE(mepstein @ Sep 5 2018, 02:29 PM) *

You can take a needle and inject some glue through the rubber in a couple places. It should tighten things up. Some of the foam wheels make good bases under a new leather wrap.

agree.gif

Put it up for sale.

Bob B
mb911
QUOTE(burton73 @ Sep 5 2018, 01:36 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Sep 5 2018, 02:29 PM) *

agree.gif

Put it up for sale.

Bob B

I just looked on fleabay as I have a very very nice foam wheel.. They are going for way more then I thought even though some paint needs to be done on mine I think they are worth something .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.