Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Thinking about selling my 73’ 2.0 project.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Freezin 914
I know we all go over this a lot, but the market is constantly seeming to change. I have a non running 1973 2.0, car is complete, has some rust in rear floor pans, but other than that pretty clean. Car has been parked in a garage since 1995. When I purchased the car, it’s tags were from 89. I received a receipt from 95, that the previous owner which shows 7K spent. Car is originally yellow, repainted the usual resale red. Not a quality job by any means. But a great solid car. Looking for a fair asking price to sell in the classifieds? 1 driver and 2 914 project cars and a truck restoration project is just a little too much to handle.
Freezin 914
The car.
Freezin 914
Inside.
Freezin 914
With the hub caps.
billh1963
Does the car have front and rear sway bars? That would help identify the car as an appearance group car.

Since it has been repainted the sail panel vinyl and trim may have been removed. But, with the center console, fog lights, and sway bars that will help increase value.
Freezin 914
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Sep 5 2018, 07:54 PM) *

Does the car have front and rear sway bars? That would help identify the car as an appearance group car.

Since it has been repainted the sail panel vinyl and trim may have been removed. But, with the center console, fog lights, and sway bars that will help increase value.

Yes, front and rear sway bars.
billh1963
QUOTE(Freezin 914 @ Sep 5 2018, 08:58 PM) *

QUOTE(billh1963 @ Sep 5 2018, 07:54 PM) *

Yes, front and rear sway bars.

That's even better!!!
billh1963
As far as price? Well, it comes down to rust.

Rust in the hell hole is expensive. Floor pans aren't too bad.

If the engine in not running (but complete) and rust is minimal (need pics to verify) you can probably get $5k if you are willing to wait to find the right buyer. A quick sale might be $4k. A '73 2.0 is a deisirable car. If you can get it running and demonstrate no major rust you can get a lot more.

Of course, that just my opinion. mepstein or Garold have a better feel for the current market than I do.
Freezin 914
Of the 914’s I own and have owned, this car has the least amount of rust. I haven’t taken anything apart. But the bumper bolts look clean, the car was was z barted back in the day. The rear floor pans have about quarter size holes in them. My other cars have more rust issues by a fair margin. This car IMHO is a great platform to start from. I maybe will take the time to get it running. But, time for me is a big issue. One of the main reasons for considering the sale. No time to work on it. And as stated before already have enough projects/dreams I don’t have time for...
Mikey914
Pictures, pictures and more pictures. The money shots are the hell hole area under the battery, floor boards and longs. The cleaner it is the more the car is worth. Bought a project for $1600, but if it was mint would bet closer to 10k. Your price is somewhere in between, only need to see what is there. I know I'd pay more for a car with fewer rust issues, but really need to see what you have to get a better estimate.
4-5K is not unreasonable if in "good" condition.
Always worth more when running.
Freezin 914
Thank you all for the information. I will be selling a project car soon. Thanks again, cheers!
milwlandrover
where are you in Wisconsin? I am in Milwaukee.
Freezin 914
QUOTE(milwlandrover @ Sep 7 2018, 12:36 PM) *

where are you in Wisconsin? I am in Milwaukee.

1 hour north of you
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.