Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear Trunk Carpet
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jim_hoyland
I looked at the 914Rubber offering:
https://shop.914rubber.com/914-Rear-trunk-c...m?categoryId=-1
Two question:
1. Is a foam pad that goes under the carpet available
2. How close is the 914 Rubber pad to original ?

Already bought the front trunk pieces and really impressed with the quality
Lucky9146
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Sep 5 2018, 05:46 PM) *

I looked at the 914Rubber offering:
https://shop.914rubber.com/914-Rear-trunk-c...m?categoryId=-1
Two question:
2. How close is the 914 Rubber pad to original ?

Already bought the front trunk pieces and really impressed with the quality

Thanks for bringing this up Jim, seems I recall a tread with information on the pad awhile back but have not been able to find the darn thing again mad.gif . So I was recently wondering the same thing myself is one available?
driving.gif white914.jpg
jim_hoyland
Mark or Matt should chime in.
Larmo63
The original black foam pad AND carpet are form fitted to the architecture of the rear trunk floor.

They stamped them at the factory to fit snug. I'd try to find a good clean original, unless the new ones are stamped/steamed/fitted (?)
ConeDodger
I replaced mine. But what I did was called Mark and asked him to make me custom peice, matching the interior.
RickS
I spot treated my old one and threw it in the washer with detergent and it came out looking like new.
Lucky9146
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Sep 5 2018, 09:41 PM) *

I replaced mine. But what I did was called Mark and asked him to make me custom peice, matching the interior.

Your carpet looks great but re read the first post from Jim he is asking about the pad underneath the carpet, just trying to help and clarify. smile.gif
driving.gif white914.jpg
Mikey914
Foam pad goes under the carpet. We have not made it yet. Working on a molded piece in correct "yellow" foam. It's a prtty simple process, just need to get it off the list.
mark
Also we are starting to add the tire tie down grommet.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Sep 6 2018, 04:02 AM) *

Foam pad goes under the carpet. We have not made it yet. Working on a molded piece in correct "yellow" foam. It's a prtty simple process, just need to get it off the list.
mark

Will the tire tie down grommet be on my coming order ?
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Sep 6 2018, 07:02 AM) *

mark

Mark, I would like you to make one that is made out of a better material, more sound and heat reflective, insulation but not water absorption, like the 1/2" dynapad for trunks - could you cut it with your pattern to fit under the stock carpet, if so i would like one! for the trunk it would make sense to have a reflective surface due to heat transfer from the motor and transmission and exhaust under it.

Phil

Mikey914
Easily done. Will not get to til this weekend, but I'll post up some pics Sunday.
Mark
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Sep 6 2018, 08:30 AM) *

Easily done. Will not get to til this weekend, but I'll post up some pics Sunday.
Mark

super! send the first prototype with Matty to the Okteenerfest , we can display it in my Car beer.gif
jim_hoyland
This is sounding good ! Let us know when the full rear carpet and foam pad are going to be available together piratenanner.gif
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Sep 6 2018, 08:51 AM) *

This is sounding good ! Let us know when the full rear carpet and foam pad are going to be available together piratenanner.gif

Jim, AA makes a very nice later reproduction with the foam core. it looks very original and is nice fit . I just want a better product for the insulation value.

Phil
Jamie
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Sep 6 2018, 03:02 AM) *

mark

Mike, the original foam pad is black and about 1/2" thick, I've never seen an "original" yellow pad?
rstover
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Here are some picture of the trunk pad which I believe to be original. Not sure what the original color of the foam was but it looks grey now with a hint of green tinge. The thickness of the foam is maybe about 1/4 inch, but if I were guessing it is maybe the same as the top dash pad foam.
Lucky9146
This looks to have been an original one in the 914 on BAT today that DNS
Check it out, unless of course it is a repop of some sort. confused24.gif
Hope this helps.
driving.gif white914.jpg

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Lucky9146 @ Sep 6 2018, 02:52 AM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Sep 5 2018, 09:41 PM) *

Your carpet looks great but re read the first post from Jim he is asking about the pad underneath the carpet, just trying to help and clarify. smile.gif
driving.gif white914.jpg

Yes. I’m referring to Mr. Whitesell’s willingness to make something custom if you ask...
Larmo63
The foam pad in my '73 car is black as I recall and, it covers the whole area.

I guess I need to post pictures.
drem914
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Sep 6 2018, 05:55 PM) *

Lawrence i think we have te same thing, a 1/2" foam pad that has a a vinyl cover on it.
The notches are to fit around the jack straps

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
SO.O.C914er
Your right Larmo my 73 back pad is black and covers the whole bottom area.
scallyk9
QUOTE(drem914 @ Sep 11 2018, 07:15 PM) *

QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Sep 6 2018, 05:55 PM) *

Lawrence i think we have te same thing, a 1/2" foam pad that has a a vinyl cover on it.
The notches are to fit around the jack straps

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment

That is the pad I've been looking for. Two of them for my 1974. I've got original carpets but no pads.

Do these appear to be watertight. I think moisture is the reason a lot of the original pads are missing.
rhodyguy
Sponges.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.