Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Aftermarket exhaust for 2.0
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PinotDino
New to the forum and new to having a 1974 914 2.0. Was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for an aftermarket exhaust system? And if anyone in the Pacific Northwest (Seattle) can recommend a great shop to perform some work on it? Thank you!
simonjb
QUOTE(PinotDino @ Sep 6 2018, 01:42 PM) *

New to the forum and new to having a 1974 914 2.0. Was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for an aftermarket exhaust system? And if anyone in the Pacific Northwest (Seattle) can recommend a great shop to perform some work on it? Thank you!

Tangerine exhaust ! Excellent
dr914@autoatlanta.com
the factory reproduction dansk is the best overall money can buy for hp and performance. all others lose it on the bottom end or top end or both

QUOTE(PinotDino @ Sep 6 2018, 12:42 PM) *

gfg3
Have had a Triad West setup for the past 3 years. Definitely louder than stock, but a fantastic unit.
914werke
What do you have now or are replacing?
PlaysWithCars
Another vote for Triad. I had one on my 74 2.0 and loved everything about it. I swear it even picked up some mid range torque with that muffler.
EdwardBlume
Triad, Tangerine... all been thoroughly vetted and appreciated here. I had a Bursch on a 2.0 way back when and it was fine for a value offering. If I had it to do today, I'd do a T or T.
PinotDino
Thank you everyone for the replies and recommendations. Starting my research on the brands you have mentioned.

Looks to be a few types of Bursch exhaust systems? Anyone have there's ceramic coated?

Currently it's the stock exhaust system I"m looking to replace.
914_teener
Triad.

rfinegan
Kerry hunter header /Tangerine Muffler Great lower cost combo
...but not so EZ to come by anymore
TheCabinetmaker
Bursch was s good unit back in the day. Not so much anymore. The header systems are decent, but the mufflers they use are not. Had one that had a hole where they beat the muffler to get it to clear the pipes. The replacement burned out in 6 months. Cut the muffler off and welded on a new one. The muffler tip is attached at the wrong angle which is why they beat it to fit, i think. Doesn't fit in the cut out very well either.
rhodyguy
Triad is located in Lacey WA. Contact Dave. A few members in the north end have one on their cars.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.