Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vredestein Tires
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mxkinn01
Hey guys,
Went from steel wheels to 2 lit Fuchs. Mounted four new 185-70-15 Vredestein Sprint tires on my 73 2 lit Fuchs. Has a vibration between 60 - 70 mph. All 4 rims spun perfectly true. 3 of the 4 tires had zero run out and the 4th had an extremely small amount. Just got off the phone with Chris at Tangerine Racing and ordered a set of rear hub centering rings. Hopefully this will cure the issue.

Chris is a great guy to talk to and was very pleasant.
BTW the old tires and rims also had a small vibration.Click to view attachment
914Sixer
Check tie rod ends and steering rack coupler.
mxkinn01
Do you guys know what Chris and tangerine racing are????????????

GENIUSES!!!

When I talked to Chris on the phone he said I could be off center just enough to cause a vibration even though I was careful to line them up with the lugs (or so I thought). I Just put on their hub centering rings for the 2lit fuchs, made all the difference on the world.
WOW WOW WOW. No more vibration and smooth as can be. Super fast shipping too.
Hats off to Tangerine Racing.

Thanks
Mike
kgruen2
QUOTE(mxkinn01 @ Sep 10 2018, 07:04 PM) *

Do you guys know what Chris and tangerine racing are????????????

GENIUSES!!!

When I talked to Chris on the phone he said I could be off center just enough to cause a vibration even though I was careful to line them up with the lugs (or so I thought). I Just put on their hub centering rings for the 2lit fuchs, made all the difference on the world.
WOW WOW WOW. No more vibration and smooth as can be. Super fast shipping too.
Hats off to Tangerine Racing.

Thanks
Mike

HHHMMMMMMM. I'm having the same issues. Put turbo tie-rod ends on, new tires, high-tech alignment and balance, and still had vibration between 60-70 that felt like a wheel balance problem. Will be ordering those centering rings ASAP. Thanks for the post.
jim_hoyland
When are centering rings needed .
mepstein
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Sep 10 2018, 11:17 PM) *

When are centering rings needed .

Early or non hub centric hubs.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.