Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCA San Diego Region Concours 9/8/18
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tom_T
Sorry for the late posting on this, but I'm still catching up after getting back 9/4....

The San Diego Region's Concours is tomorrow down on San Diego Bay across from the Lindbergh Field entrance.

For those further south &/or willing to drive down to San Diego - tomorrow Saturday 9/8/18 the San Diego Region PCA has their Concours at Spanish Landing ("Spinach Landing" for the Popeyes out there, as we used to say at Uni HS in SD biggrin.gif ). As always, these PCA Zone 8 Concours have their own awards, as well as counting towards the end of year Zone 8 Annual Awards for top honors & hardware in Divisions & Classes thereunder.

Here's the link to register ....

https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/pcasdr...park-pca-507508

Remember folks, that there is a 914 Class in every applicable Division: from Wash & Shine (Int & Ext only judged), Preservation (75% original paint & interior - Int, Ext, Engine & Storage judged), Street (Int, Ext, Engine & Storage judged), & Full Concours (Int, Ext, Engine, Storage, & Undercarriage F&R/with & without engine judged).

PS - I forgot to mention Special Categories - for all you Subie, V8 & other swappers, dedicated AX & track cars, extensively modified 914s (Int, Ext, Engine & Storage judged). You do NOT have to have the original Porsche 914 engine in your car to enter this Division! aktion035.gif

So pick your Division by how much preparation you want to do, & you'll be in the running for 914 Class awards in each Div., as well as for overall Division & overall Concours Awards.

Even if you don't want to enter - just shine her up, then put your 914 in their Display only section, or just go & visit with other 914ers & Porschephiles, see the yachts & bay, etc.

If it's too much to wash yer dang 914, or are bringing another P-car, then just park it in the Porsche Car Corral area! biggrin.gif

I'll be there helping to judge W&S - there are only 2 of us judges, & Dick Douglass is the tall one, while I'm "vertically challenged" to be PC! biggrin.gif

Some of you will remember Dick from the GPX Region's 914 Cone Zone about a year ago, so come by & say Hi!

Better yet - enter W&S or something, then say Howdy! shades.gif smilie_pokal.gif

Note that at all PCA events (including AX & track events), you can still enter & volunteer, as they'll make accommodations when you need to go participate - PLUS - you need to accrue a minimum number of volunteer points in order to be eligible for the annual Zone 8 awards (IIRC it's still 300 pts.). .... not to mention getting to know fellow members while helping out!

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
toolguy
In full disclosure, this venue has extremely limited public parking and the few public spaces available are now metered and $$, as well as available on a first come basis with the vacationers and general public. . . so if you want to go, drive your P car and park in the Porsche only car corral for which there is no charge.

It has always been a well attended event with around 150 Porsches arriving in all flavors and colors.
Tom_T
QUOTE(toolguy @ Sep 7 2018, 08:41 AM) *

In full disclosure, this venue has extremely limited public parking and the few public spaces available are now metered and $$, as well as available on a first come basis with the vacationers and general public. . . so if you want to go, drive your P car and park in the Porsche only car corral for which there is no charge.

It has always been a well attended event with around 150 Porsches arriving in all flavors and colors.

Hi Dave! Long time, no see!

I assume you're bringing your -6 .... See ya tomorrow? confused24.gif

Thanx for the parking skinny! .... I think! dry.gif

Well, I guess I'll be paying metered parking! dry.gif
Didn't realize that they did that!

Do you think they'll let me in the Porsche Corral - if I plaster big "PORSCHE" signs on the side of my Beemer or Westy van!? confused24.gif

FYI All - Display parking is FREE - no pre-reg required, but apparently the judged entries are now closed - see below ....

<snipped from this morning's Zone 8 email>

IPB Image
PCA SDR Concours by the Bay
Spanish Landing East

Saturday, September 8, 2018

Registration has closed for Judged entries, but the Porsche Display Corral will be OPEN to all Porsche's for FREE the day of the event!!!!!!!

That's right, park your Porsche on the grass in the Porsche Corral for FREE. No registration needed, just come on down. Porsche's only will be parked on the grass, other parking is in the (crowded) pay lot for the park, so bring that Porsche down for a premier parking spot. You are coming anyway (right?) so might as well bring your Porsche and park with the rest of us.

Enjoy the show, refreshments, musical entertainment, talk to Advertisers / Vendors, and of course the view off all these BEAUTIFUL Porsches. Last year we had over 150 Porsches on the grass and we have room for more!

A limited number of lunches will be available for purchase for $25 each. Payment of Cash or Credit Card will be accepted.

Beverages will also be available.

Display parking opens at 9:00 AM. Stay for the day or just a few hours!

Contact concours@pcasdr.org for more information
<end snip>

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Tom_T
For any of you who did attend & took pix, please post them here for the rest to see.

Unfortunately I was busy judging from right after the judges' meeting in order to free up 3 judges entered with 2 cars in the W&S, & then by the time we finished with the other 6-7, some additional "coaching" requested by a couple of newbies - most of the 914s were gone, & many of the entered cars too (why enter & not stay for your award puzzles me confused24.gif ) - so I didn't take any pix.

I say Mike's Blueish /4 & Margie's blue -6 in Display, & Dave's -6 & the other -6 that was entered in Full Concours vs. Dave's (I'm blanking on his name with a half-zymers moment) - but there were others there in display.

Dave, sorry I didn't get back with you to visit more after judging & my very late "free"* lunch, but every time I saw you, you were busy visiting with others & didn't want to interrupt, & then it was awards time & I had to run off to hook up with a fellow Uni Hi Alumni.

While I understand your not having as much fun in CdE anymore, I still hope that you hang onto your -6 for driving fun, since they're getting so pricey as to be hard to replace one as nice as yours later at anything by stratospheric prices!

Thanx to all on here who showed up!

Cheers!
Tom
///////
Tom_T
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

shades.gif

popcorn[1].gif

type.gif
toolguy
My son Matt and I. . we drove the car there, and they parked us in the dead grass and dirt. . WTF.gif

Thanks to my sons help, we managed to take Best of Show Full Concour Division. .
The real bonus was getting to do this with my son and having him enjoy the whole process including accepting the award. . .
Lucky9146
I was a spectator with my 6
driving.gif white914.jpg

Click to view attachment

Dave's car with Carrera GT

Click to view attachment

And my random shots.....

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
burton73
QUOTE(toolguy @ Sep 9 2018, 01:01 PM) *

My son Matt and I. . we drove the car there, and they parked us in the dead grass and dirt. . WTF.gif

Thanks to my sons help, we managed to take Best of Show Full Concour Division. .
The real bonus was getting to do this with my son and having him enjoy the whole process including accepting the award. . .

Nice work Dave.

Bob B
Lucky9146

Hey Dave glad I was able to finally meet your son and congrats on the win. beerchug.gif This is probably my favorite shot of a couple of mid engine Porsche's.
Guess I should have got a few shots of you laying in the dirt too! av-943.gif Next Time!
driving.gif white914.jpg

Click to view attachment

The show was very well attended as shown here with another shameless shot of my car. smile.gif

Click to view attachment
Tom_T

Congratz! first.gif

So - is it fun again!? confused24.gif

You should've just moved it over a bit out of the dirt/dead grass - I'm sure they wouldn't have minded. I think you know Paul Allen Head Judge there, since he's another old school SDR member.

Who was the other -6 next to you Dave? Wasn't he in Full also?

His car isn't in any of these pix.

PS - I still LOVE wub.gif the look of Mahle 5-lug Gasburners on 914's & yours looked great! drooley.gif
IMHO - it's the perfect match for our squarish bodied 914s.

I know, I know - you don't like them! biggrin.gif

IPB Image

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.