Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cruise to Hunter Mountain Oktoberfest
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Big Len
Saturday, October 6th

Route is posted on post #15

We are staging a fall cruise up to Hunter Mountain, which is hosting one of the nation's best Oktoberfest festivals and Das Laufwerk Euro Rally.

https://www.huntermtn.com/das-laufwerk-euro-rally/

The plan starts be meeting at the Sloatsburg Service area at 8:00 a.m. and leaving about 8:30 for a 2 and a half hour drive north to Hunter along scenic back roads through the incredible fall foliage.

Who's in??
injunmort
i'm in
Porschef
Giddy up
iankarr
in
Big Len
How about you, Mr. Mital?
Grosbard
Unless I have a work thing come up, I will be there!
Grosbard
I'm really looking forward to this!

Question for you guys - a friend is planning to join me for the drive. I was thinking he could meet me at the Sloatsburg Service area, and leave his car there for the day, and then we'd go up to Hunter Mountain together in my 914. Then I'd drop him back at his car in the evening. Do you think that would be fine, or would there be an issue with somebody parking there that long? In other words, will he get fined or towed or something?

Thanks!
rgalla9146

I'm in.
Raymond ?
Big Len
QUOTE(Grosbard @ Sep 24 2018, 08:18 PM) *

I'm really looking forward to this!

Question for you guys - a friend is planning to join me for the drive. I was thinking he could meet me at the Sloatsburg Service area, and leave his car there for the day, and then we'd go up to Hunter Mountain together in my 914. Then I'd drop him back at his car in the evening. Do you think that would be fine, or would there be an issue with somebody parking there that long? In other words, will he get fined or towed or something?

Thanks!

I can't imagine it would be a problem, butI will find out tomorrow. I have the Plaza'a phone number and will post their answer.
iankarr
sorry guys but I just found out that's parent's weekend at my kids' school...
Porschef
Aaaah, bugs. dry.gif

Ray? biggrin.gif Hello?

Anyone else in the TriState area?
Alapone
I’m in
rmital
QUOTE(Porschef @ Sep 26 2018, 06:24 AM) *

Aaaah, bugs. dry.gif

Ray? biggrin.gif Hello?

Anyone else in the TriState area?

..daughter is traveling to Guatemala on the 6th...might need to take her to the airport and wish her a safe trip huh.gif

it's a "Doctors without borders" thing....darn kids
Big Len
Got 5 cars going and Rory's Vanagon so far.
Big Len
Looks like this is very close to the final route. We'll probably take a 15 minute break 90 minutes in. The upper half roads look to be awesome.
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Sloatsburg+....207763!3e0
Zippy69
QUOTE(Big Len @ Oct 2 2018, 04:47 PM) *

Looks like this is very close to the final route. We'll probably take a 15 minute break 90 minutes in. The upper half roads look to be awesome.
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Sloatsburg+....207763!3e0

Looks interesting. I no longer own a 914 but I have a stable of other sports cars including a new to me mid engine car. I would be coming from PA so perhaps a meet up spot on 208 by 84 could be arranged?

Cheers,

Paul beerchug.gif
Big Len
Hey Paul. The only real caveat is it has to European to enter the lot at Hunter. Knowing you and seeing how you're being being a bit coy by not naming the marque, it's probably a Ferrari 458 Speciale. In that case, not sure you'd keep up with a pack of road hungry 914's. Hahaha.
Zippy69
QUOTE(Big Len @ Oct 3 2018, 01:16 PM) *

Hey Paul. The only real caveat is it has to European to enter the lot at Hunter. Knowing you and seeing how you're being being a bit coy by not naming the marque, it's probably a Ferrari 458 Speciale. In that case, not sure you'd keep up with a pack of road hungry 914's. Hahaha.

I am pretty confident I can keep up and will show up with a Euro car. Let’s pick a spot to meet up. How about DunkinDonuts on 208 just past where 84 and 208 cross on left at 9:30 AM?
Grosbard
Just to confirm - Sloatsburg Servide area is on the North-bound side of 87 - correct?
Porschef
Yep
SirAndy
QUOTE(Big Len @ Sep 7 2018, 09:30 AM) *
Das Laufwerk

I'm German and i have no idea what that is supposed to mean ...
confused24.gif

PS: In the context of a car rally, i know the computer related meaning

Zippy69
QUOTE(Zippy69 @ Oct 5 2018, 05:32 AM) *

QUOTE(Big Len @ Oct 3 2018, 01:16 PM) *

I am pretty confident I can keep up and will show up with a Euro car. Let’s pick a spot to meet up. How about DunkinDonuts on 208 just past where 84 and 208 cross on left at 9:30 AM?

Can we meet at 9:30 part of the way there as suggested above???
Big Len
Paul, make 9:15 and we're on schedule.
Zippy69
QUOTE(Big Len @ Oct 5 2018, 03:06 PM) *

Paul, make 9:15 and we're on schedule.

Ok 9:15 it is
Grosbard
I’m on the 1st floor of the parking structure, where are you guys?
jet1
Nice to meet some of you. It was really nice to see some 914's on the road.

Click to view attachment
73-914
My Bavarian wife doesn't think it makes any sense either
Big Len
What started out as a crappy, drizzly day.....
Click to view attachment
Big Len
....turned out rather nicely.

Click to view attachment
rmital
QUOTE(Big Len @ Oct 8 2018, 12:03 PM) *

What started out as a crappy, drizzly day.....

that weather probably kept the pumpkin picker and leave peeper off the road idea.gif
never stop drizzling/raining in North Jersey
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.