Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Roll cage design
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tazz9924
is a front hoop with down bars like such illegal to use in scca or any other forms of racing? And do they have inherent structural flaws compared to a down bar that goes from the halo bar to the floor?
Click to view attachment
tazz9924
This is ignoring door bars and diagonal bracing*
SirAndy
Kinda hard to see (also, ignore the temp door braces) but this cage was legal with SCCA at the time of install some 15 years ago.

It has a front cross tube that was added high enough so it is now hidden behind the dash/kneepad ...
smile.gif

IPB Image
motorvated
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Sep 7 2018, 12:31 PM) *

Kinda hard to see (also, ignore the temp door braces) but this cage was legal with SCCA at the time of install some 15 years ago.

It has a front cross tube that was added high enough so it is now hidden behind the dash/kneepad ...
smile.gif

IPB Image

Take a look at the Autopower bolt-in cage. It's SCCA and Vintage compliant. Comes with pipe for door bars too. Some Vintage clubs won't allow you to tie into the suspension points with a cage, so do your homework first.
Andyrew
Your best bet is to run a single bar from the main B pillar hoop to the front A pillar.

IPB Image
914forme
Read the rule book, if you have questions ask the sanctioning bodies safety inspector. Get the answer in writing, ALWAYS. Also know that the rules will change.

Also read how the protest system works with in the sanctioning body, there is always some ass-hat that decides your, left suspension bolt on the rear trailing arm is the wrong one and it changes your suspension pickup point, or some other ass-hatchery.

Best of luck with your adventure
tazz9924
QUOTE(914forme @ Sep 7 2018, 01:08 PM) *

Read the rule book, if you have questions ask the sanctioning bodies safety inspector. Get the answer in writing, ALWAYS. Also know that the rules will change.

Also read how the protest system works with in the sanctioning body, there is always some ass-hat that decides your, left suspension bolt on the rear trailing arm is the wrong one and it changes your suspension pickup point, or some other ass-hatchery.

Best of luck with your adventure

Lol thanks!
sixnotfour
easy button
http://www.tangerineracing.com/rollcages.htm
tazz9924
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Sep 7 2018, 01:25 PM) *

I would agree but it isn’t for my 914...... this time. It’s actually for my non 914 race car im building, I thought id just ask you guys if the front hoop was actually allowed or dangerous. As it turns out its not allowed and the jury it still out to whether it’s dangerous or not.
SirAndy
QUOTE(tazz9924 @ Sep 7 2018, 01:56 PM) *
I thought id just ask you guys if the front hoop was actually allowed or dangerous. As it turns out its not allowed and the jury it still out to whether it’s dangerous or not.

Dangerous?
confused24.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.