Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Someone tell me why I can't use one of these on a 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
seanery
I posted something on the world Facebook group, but I know this place gets more traffic, so I'm gonna post it here, too.

I've got one of these going into a bike project, they're very cool. I'm just in the parts gathering phase, but I'm thinking that I want to put one in Whitey when he gets his overhaul.

Someone tell me why it won't work, cause I think it just might!

MotoGadget M.Unit Blue

Chris914n6
Unless Whitey is a race car that doesn't have enough circuits. Stereo, blower, HL motors, gauges, wipers, just off the top of my head.
seanery
Looking at the AUX outputs, Aux 2 can do 20A and Aux 1 can do 10A, I know we're only talking 12V, but still, I think I can do some radio and wipers, and maybe a fan blower on those 30A, I don't expect too much draw from gauges.
914forme
You can. Will need to share a few circuits and maybe some relays. I like the M.lock, little glass tube placed in my wallet means only I can drive my car. And it is a totally separate system.

If you use the M.basic or Blue, you will want to document the wiring very well.

I would add a few relays to run like the dash area, and other not critical things. Decided up, each person has their own idea of what is critical.

For me it would be fans and wipers. Gauges, I'll be fine, GPS app shows current speed. Headlight motors, GT kit. Stereo, I can live with out it, just a distraction anyway. and adds weight to the car, though I like my audio books for long trips.

And then the Switch reduces the power load on all the switches in the steering stock, brake light flashers programmable.

Then other details to go with the M app, tire pressure monitoring, the m.lock, other relays and modules. drooley.gif

I might need to order one for my EG build...... idea.gif

Only down side I see with it is everything is a 10 amp fuse for all outputs expect start and aux2.

Can always get around that with a relay or solenoid if needed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.