Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: How To Spot An Idiot Selling A Car ...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ematulac
lol2.gif

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/car/78748490.html

Funny stuff. I find a lot of useless stuff posted on Craigslist, so I can't help but agree with him.
tat2dphreak
lol2.gif chairfall.gif
Lyressa Roberts
That's a hoot.
boxstr
A picture tells a thousand words. Unless the car is extremely inexspensive(cheap), or it is a Porsche 911 or 914 and doe's NOT have pics then I pass.
People advertise that will come to youand take a pic of your car for craigslist or any other list. Do it.
I feel the same way about the 914club classifieds, add a picture, the more the better.
CCLINMYLIST
redshift
laugh.gif
skline
I just sent the guy an email. I had to, I agree with him 100%. If selling a car is that important, give all of the information and be consise about what you are selling. Kind of like if you place a personal ad, would you want to see who you are going to meet or take a chance that when they say average height and weight they are 4'11" tall and 230 pounds? Like a basketball with feet?

Sample ad:

1974 Porsh 914 Collectors item
Good condition, like new, bluish color with only a few rust spots. Runs ok, shifts ok, hardly any leaks, tires fair, nice wheels. Low mileage. Needs a little work. great restoration project. Worth $25.000 when done. Will ship anywhere. Sorry, no pictures. 50% non refundable deposit required.
$10.000

I have seen ads like this.
jd74914
I agree. I canot understand why you wouldn't use complete sentences and totally describe a car, with pictures included, on a free site.
Root_Werks
laugh.gif laugh.gif Too funny! lol2.gif
davep
Common sense is reserved for a tiny minority!
TROJANMAN
QUOTE (jd74914 @ Jun 16 2005, 08:48 AM)
I agree. I canot understand why you wouldn't use complete sentences and totally describe a car, with pictures included, on a free site.

it could be that the old "classifieds" mentality is hard to break i know that i am still used to trying to cram as much information into an add with abbreviations from the old newspaper days i just did it the other day when i placed an add in the local newspaper for a rental property i think i even used run on sentences with no punctuation and i may hav evn misspelled some wards
STL914
I was too late. I followed the link and all I saw was this:

Date: 2005-06-14, 6:16AM PDT

This posting has been removed by Craigslist community.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.