Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 1972 914, 1.7L Blue Metallic <!SOLD!>
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
MLedesma
Update, this is now SOLD

I picked this up a little while ago to fix up and get back on the road. This car had some work done on it in 1988 and was never put back together, it was stored in a storage unit for the last 30 years. I was told the engine and transmission were gone through then, but I have no proof. The paint looks great from 15 feet, but there is checking, chips, cracks, and some runs. For being 46 years old this car is in good condition and ready to be enjoyed. It does look like a slight color change. I think it is now Alaska Blue metallic, and was originally a lighter blue (either Gemini or Ariatic) You can see it best in the picture with the door jamb and front fender.

It has a 1.7 liter engine with the original fuel injection.

All new fuel lines (known problem on these) including pump and filter. I repaired the jack point rust, and one 8x12 section of the drivers side floorpan. The "Hell Hole" has surface rust but is one of the better ones I have seen. Door gaps are great. New carpet, dash cover, starter motor, hood seal, some engine seals, fresh oil and filter, and new shift bushings. Interior is in great condition. Head lights, turn signals, hazard and brake lights all work.

Previous owner added the center "Porsche" reflector and made some attempt to add lighting to it. I have not investigated it further, but it looks like the metal between the tail lights was removed in the process. As a result the trunk floor does have more rust than the rest of the car.

PO also did a little flare in front of the rear wheels, I guess he wanted wider tires, but added the flare in the wrong spot.

Title is clear. Colorado car since 1986

Odometer reads 06659, but has rolled over at least once, so could be 106,659 or 206,659. Exceeds mechanical limit

At some point in its life it looks to have had a front end collision. I took as many pictures as I could to detail this. Looks to have been repaired decently from the outside. However the frunk has some wrinkles in the tire wells, and the front seal area was not done right, and sits at a strange angle.

Runs and drives great. Brakes work well.

Brand new battery 9/25

What it still needs;

1. New tires, they are really old, but hold air and work for now. Should really be replaced
2. Fog lights are not working, previous owner removed them for a 916 style bumper.
3. Windshield wiper blades.
4. An alignment with the new tires.
5. Side mirrors could use new glass, cracked or separating. Not stock mirrors.

I have a ton of pictures and can get you what every you need. I did shrink them down some so that I could post more of them in this posting. Just ask.

Asking $7500.00

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
MLedesma
More Pics;

Before and after of jack points

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
MLedesma
Even more

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Feels like all I did was post the bad pictures...
MLedesma
Mas.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
MLedesma
Couple more

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
MLedesma
Price reduction to $7000.00 or best offer.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.