Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Installed Rennshift
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
xperu
I installed a Rennshift on my 74 today, it really feels much tighter the sloppy OEM. I'm able to find my gears much better, al I thought I had some gear sync issues, but that has also gone away. I'm Very happy with the results.
The question I have for those of you that have installed the shifter, It seems very tight when shifting, the instruction for adjustments are a little cryptic for me, no pictures, arrows, YouTube.......... for amateurs. Maybe as simple as getting accustom. Any input or suggestion would be appreciated. Mike Kelly
Steve
You can remove a washer from either spring to reduce the tension for each side.
xperu
Thanks Steve, I just took it out for a long run, it wont go into 4th gear, but will go into 5th. I will reset at 2nd gear adjustment and try again. As soon as I backed into the garage the shift stick came loose. I will have to drill a couple shallow holes for the allen screws to set, I tighten them tight yesterday, but it did not hold. Also I will look at the adjustment you described. Thanks again Steve. Mike Kelly smash.gif
VaccaRabite
Adjustment for the rennshift is a bit more finicky then the standard shifter.

Find DrEvil's adjustment guide and follow that. It works.

Zach
xperu
Hey, thanks Zach, followed several of your threads over the years. Zach have you had any issues with the Allen screws not holding the shifter in place? Mike Kelly
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(xperu @ Sep 9 2018, 11:29 PM) *

Hey, thanks Zach, followed several of your threads over the years. Zach have you had any issues with the Allen screws not holding the shifter in place? Mike Kelly

Not an issue I have had. You are talking about the shift-stops yes? They were pretty much a set and forget deal.

Zach
falcor75
I think he means the 3 screws holding the shifter mechanism to the tunnel. Mine doesnt have that issue but I guess a lock washer under the head couldnt hurt if you are having issues with them coming loose.
xperu
The two Allen screws holding the shift lever on. Mike
mepstein
QUOTE(xperu @ Sep 10 2018, 09:26 AM) *

Blue locktight. Couple bucks. Good to have in the toolbox.
seanery
QUOTE(mepstein @ Sep 10 2018, 10:08 AM) *

QUOTE(xperu @ Sep 10 2018, 09:26 AM) *

Blue locktight. Couple bucks. Good to have in the toolbox.

Or a product that the creator of the RennShift once recommended to me, Vibra Tite. Its what NASA uses, and I now swear by it!

Vibra Tite
VaccaRabite
Oh! Yeah I used blue locktite on those. In fact the Rennshift may have even come with a small bottle of the stuff, but its been a solid decade...
Zach
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.