Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 74 2.0 vacuum hose question help!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
gtsilver16
Hi, I’m a new 914 owner, just bought a 74 2.0. I replaced the vacuum hoses with the AA hose kit. However, the hose coming from the anti flashback valve to the cyl 3/4 nipple on the head was missing. In fact, the nipple in the anti flashback valve was capped (see orange plug in attached pic). I want to install the missing hose but I cannot locate the nipple anywhere on the cyl 3/4 head. Can someone please show me where that nipple is located and maybe send a pic? Also, I’m wondering why it was capped at the anti flashback valve? Someone has suggested that maybe the 3/4 head was replaced with a 1.7 head which does not have a nipple. If this is the case, is it okay to keep it capped? Thanks everyone, I’m a 914 newbie and need help!!
TheCabinetmaker
They stopped using the vent tube on the heads in 75
gtsilver16
Thanks Cabinetmaker, that’s helpful. If I can’t find the vent tube nipple on the 3/4 head, I’ll have to assume it’s been changed with a 75 head some time along the way.
TheCabinetmaker
That would be my guess. Some noted people here say not to run the head vents at all.
gtsilver16
Thanks again, so it sounds like there’s no big risk in keeping the 3/4 release valve plugged and moving on? Any other input from the community appreciated thanks!
TheCabinetmaker
@HAMinc
JeffBowlsby
The 1970-71 1.7L cars did not have this system including the head vents, either.
914_teener
My late 73 1.7 has it and it is the stock configuration.

I can post a pic if you are interested.

I think it is very beneficial to oil draining back from the heads to the crankcase.

My .02.
gtsilver16
QUOTE(914_teener @ Sep 9 2018, 04:18 PM) *

My late 73 1.7 has it and it is the stock configuration.

I can post a pic if you are interested.

I think it is very beneficial to oil draining back from the heads to the crankcase.

My .02.

Thanks for the reply and information. I think I’m all set. Thanks!
gtsilver16
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Sep 9 2018, 04:06 PM) *

The 1970-71 1.7L cars did not have this system including the head vents, either.

Thanks Jeff!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.