Full Version: Monthly Aircooled Arizona Gathering
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
michael7810
Devin cockpit and really nice 65 Bug
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Tom_T
Wow! What a great range of aircooleds!

I'll bet half the members on here don't know some/many of them!

PS - Good thing to have it under cover there in "The Valley of the {Freaking HOT] sun"! blink.gif

A BMW 700 would've been a nice addition, along with some Isetta & Messerschmidt micro cars.

Thanx for Sharing! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
914forme
Wow, I mean Wow 2 Devin's at one show drooley.gif
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(michael7810 @ Sep 9 2018, 10:07 AM) *

NOT AIRCOOLED AUDI
Click to view attachment

Audi? Not DKW?

--DD
michael7810
I’ll plead ignorance now. I don’t know what a DKW is and thought the emblem on the hood had the Audi rings on it.

Edit: Yes it was a DKW. Had to Google it but now I know DKW was one of the manufacturers that formed Audi and they had a 4-ring logo. Thanks DD
Dave_Darling
biggrin.gif

Trivia time:
DKW was very well known for their three-cylinder two-stroke engines. These engine designs were borrowed (or perhaps "borrowed"?) by other manufacturers such as SAAB and some of the East German manufacturers.

DKW was an independent auto maker. In the 30s, under the urging of a certain powerful someone in Germany, they merged with Audi, Horch, Wanderer, and possibly NSU? (I forget!) This formed Auto Union, who hired Ferdinand Porsche to design some Grand Prix racers that did pretty well.

At some point after the war, Audi became by far the dominant force in Auto Union, and basically took over the branding. Eventually they were bought out by VW, and that's where we are today.

This info dump courtesy of the random crap that lives on in Dave's head!!

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.