Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cops showed up!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sb914
Went to Oscars to work on my 73 to clean and replace a few bits. Cop pulled up walked up to us he wanted to see the cars. He was super cool and he even had a doughnut with us. Btw pulled my rocker panels and the longs look beautiful. Click to view attachment
sb914
Click to view attachment
sb914
Click to view attachment
Unobtanium-inc
In my experience cops tend to like Porsches. Luckily for us the police station is across the street so we get 24 security!
oakdalecurtis
I was traveling out of Modesto on the the main drag, McHenry Boulevard, at about 11 pm on a Saturday night. My 16 year old son was also driving next to my yellow 914 in his new little black Toyota pickup. He was in the curbside lane, and I was in my topless teener in the center lane. As there was no other traffic, we were going side by side at about 60 mph, when a Modesto Police cruiser pulls up to McHenry from a side street on the right, about 200 feet ahead of us. My son braked fast enough to make the right turn next the the officer's cruiser and head away down the side street. Of course I sailed by right in front of the cop in the center lane, unable to do anything. I could see the officer's rooftop lights come on like a Christmas tree in my mirror. I could also see my son traveling away toward home on the side street, waving at me with a satisfied smile on his face. I pulled over under the illumination of the car dealerships on upper McHenry Boulevard. Then I shut off the 2 liter engine of my '76 teener, put my hands on the top the the yellow Momo steering wheel and waited patiently for my inevitable speeding ticket. The officer pulled up behind me, flashing lights ablaze, got out of his car, and slowly walked up beside my knee high 914. I waited for a moment to make eye contact with him, but I could tell out of the corner of my eye that he was eyeballing my street legal go cart with a grin. When we finally actually looked at each other, I'll never forget his EXACT and ONLY nine words: "Just looking for kids Sir, have a nice evening." THAT'S IT! He turned and walked slowly away as I tried to mumble "Thank you officer". He did not ask me for my license, papers, or any questions at all, just that nine word sentence, and then he was gone! When I got home and told my son what had happened, he was pissed, saying the cops would have given HIM a ticket. I said darn straight they would have. A few gray hairs and a nice car can go a long way..... cheer.gif
My 914
agree.gif !!!
Coondog
i remember back in the day I got pulled over around midnight for no reason. Cop told me to watch out for drunk drivers....... barf.gif

Red Porsche out at midnight equals DUI. Just not me..... smile.gif
Elliot Cannon
CHP guy once asked to see the engine I my 914. I asked if he was interested as a car guy or in an official capacity. He assured me he was a car guy, so I opened the engine lid and we talked about the car for awhile. Of course he told me about his uncles 914... Uh huh. biggrin.gif
worn
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Sep 9 2018, 05:24 PM) *

CHP guy once asked to see the engine I my 914. I asked if he was interested as a car guy or in an official capacity. He assured me he was a car guy, so I opened the engine lid and we talked about the car for awhile. Of course he told me about his uncles 914... Uh huh. biggrin.gif

Heading to meet Elliott for the first time as part of the Route 66 thing, I was shadowed by a police vehicle in New Mexico. Just kept driving straight, not slower or faster. Turned out he was a close relative of a Rt 66 regular. Found out about that later that night on the forum. Wasn’t pulled over.
Here is the big admission. Never had a ticket. Not yet.
TheCabinetmaker
I can't tell you guys about my experience in my 914 in the 70s. I'll just say it involves leaving a club late night with a chick I'd just met, a semi in my way, 100mph, 6 police cars in my driveway, and a helicopter! And i didn't go to jail!
flmont
years ago I passed the Sheriff (He sitting hidden ) in my 911 going 90 + in a 40 MPH zone and I just pulled over and waited for him, he pulls in behind me,..ask me why,...( I passed a long line of super slow car's) So I tell him these people driving 25 in a 40 zone just make's me crazy So I opened up to pass them..which I did,. And he say's yea I understand,..But don't do it again please,..I promised ,..He let me go,..I was truly shocked,..But super happy about it,..for sure..
ClayPerrine
A guy I know who owns a 914 (but is not on here) had a bit of an adventure at one MUSR.

He stopped for gas, and decided to do donuts in the parking lot. The local cop stopped him in the parking lot. When the cop came up to the car, Jon, who sometimes lacks a filter between his brain and his mouth said:

"What's wrong? I thought cops liked donuts!"

Needless to say he got a ticket. He still thinks he shouldn't have gotten the ticket as he was on private property at the time.
porschetub
Bloody funny cause when I was young this happened lots,when I lived in Western Australia had a worked 1303LS Beetle ,blast to drive and really not slow,got picked up for speeding cop said "I used have one of these and I heard you coming",was shiting myself cause we had been drinking all afternoon ,my GF showed the takeaways we had and the cop replyed you better get on your way before that gets cold...we were on our way soon,he never asked for my Australian licence lucky cause I never had one lol.
Silly stuff really and times have changed for the better.
914_7T3
busted_cop.gif busted_cop.gif busted_cop.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.