Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hearing a rattle
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914-300Hemi
I finally got the car aligned last Friday in Huntington Beach but on my way home the car wouldn’t idle and I could hear a rattle. Today I replaced the fuel filter and started the car to look for the rattle and I found a hole in my Bursch exhaust, which was replaced 4 years ago.
Now I need to replace my exhaust any suggestions that is not a Bursch.
Click to view attachment
jim_hoyland
The muffler can be cut out and a new one fitted quite easily; no need to purchase a whole;e new Bursch.
TheCabinetmaker
Bursch mufflers are crap. Take the unit to a muffler shop and have them weld a real muffler on it.
'73-914kid

I've been pretty pleased with the last few magnaflows I've welded into Bursch collectors. Nice sporty sound, avoids the Beetle exhaust note, and not too loud.
914-300Hemi
I always heard about how horrible Bursch mufflers are and now I understand.
I will go to the local muffler shop and get a new Magnaflow muffler installed.
ClayPerrine
Bursch has a lifetime warranty, and will replace the muffler for free. But you have to pay for the shipping.

Had it done on Betty's muffler. They replaced everything after the collector.

piratenanner.gif
TheCabinetmaker
But you paid for shipping and still ended up with a crap muffler! confused24.gif
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(TheCabinetmaker @ Sep 9 2018, 07:27 PM) *

But you paid for shipping and still ended up with a crap muffler! confused24.gif

That's funny and a Fact !¡!
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Sep 9 2018, 09:40 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCabinetmaker @ Sep 9 2018, 07:27 PM) *

That's funny and a Fact !¡!

That is Betty's car, and she loves the Bursch exhaust.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.