Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My 914 @ the Edmonds Car Show
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rjames
Lots of great cars, talked to a lot of great people. I had the only 914 there.
Two funny moments- a twenty-something confidentially told his friend that the car was a Ferrari and an older gentlemen after looking at the open trunks asked "Why isn't there an engine?"
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment

[Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
JeffBowlsby
The big bumper black cars with Mahles have always looked great to my eye. Thanks for sharing.
xperu
Very nice car, I love a black 914, my favorite color. Congratulations. Mike Kelly
Tom_T
"... and an older gentlemen after looking at the open trunks asked "Why isn't there an engine?" "

Did you tell him that it gets better gas mileage that way!? biggrin.gif

Very nice 914 & good turn-out.

That 59-60 white Sprite in the background reminds me of my buddy's, who along with another buddy's 74 Spitfire & my 73 914-2.0 - went every year for a decade on a "PCH 1 Run" up from San Diego to SF via Big Sur, along with various other add-ons, for a decade of fun. On a couple of those runs we had 2-3 other 914s too. Guess which sports cars did best on the twisties!? driving.gif

Oh, & the black Vette reminds me of my uncle's 59 black with silver coves on red Vette which was a kick to drive occasionally. Thanx for the memories to this oldtimer!

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
jkb944t
It is great to see a 914 represented at the car show. it is amazing how rare nice examples of these cars are becoming. Your car looks great!

Jeff B
rjames
I appreciate all the nice comments on my car.
It's a 20 (30?) footer for sure. Lots of nicks, bumps some chips in the paint, but it cleaned up nicely and somehow always presents really well in photos.
DRPHIL914
very nice! I may be one of 10 Porsche's representing our PCA chapter of the car club show case at the Hilton Head Island Concours in Nov!
rjames
I also convinced my mom to enter her pristine red '86 Honda Prelude Si in the show. She purchased it used in '86 with only 7k miles on it. I think it may have ~80k on it now. You can see it next to my car in the pictures.
She had as many or more people as interested in her car as I did for mine and had great time talking to people. It was fun to watch. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.