Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 1973 Marathon Blue 914 2.0
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
adolimpio
$27,000, cash or certified check

This was a barn find a few years ago in Salem Or. It had sat for 9 years and did not run. I put her on a trailer and brought her home to SC where I managed to breathe life into her.

Although I love to drive her, I enjoy working on it more and there's virtually nothing left to do. Time to move on and find another one to play with.

Pictures at: http://914.dolimpios.com/

Details:

• Marathon blue with black interior
• Originally a 1.7, but has been upgraded to 2.0 (original 1.7 engine retained)
• COA on order
• Engine runs perfectly, idles solid at 1K
• Compression on cylinders: 1-130, 2-128, 3-128, 4-125
• Body is excellent, longs and hell hole are nearly perfect
• Interior is nearly perfect. One small defect on passenger seat.
• Visors rebuilt by 914 Rubber
• Mileage is unknown
• Everything works perfectly, lights, switches, blowers, heating, etc.
• Within the past 5,000 miles the following was performed:
- Transmission rebuilt
- All transmission linkage bushings replaced
- CV joints removed, cleaned, inspected, repacked and flipped
- New clutch, flywheel and pressure plate
- New accelerator cable
- 911 swivel base valve adjusting screws installed
- All calipers rebuilt
- All brake rotors replaced
- All wheel bearings replaced
- Bushings on front swing arms and rear trailing arms replaced with Elephant Racing bronze bushings with grease fittings
- All new shocks
- Pedal cluster rebuilt
- Headlights upgraded to amazing LEDs
- Dash lights upgraded to LEDs
- Top and bottom Targa top seals, all window seals, front and rear trunk seals replaced
- Windshield washers upgraded with electric pump
- Fog lights upgraded to function as daytime running lights
- Interior rear view mirror upgraded to one with Homelink garage door openers and compass
- Exterior mirrors polished and new glass installed
- Cruise control installed
• Known issues
- Some rust on passenger side jack post support
- Some rust on battery tray
- Patched holes visible where someone had installed aftermarket mirrors
- Small dimple on front trunk lid where someone apparently close it on something
- Small defect on passenger seat
- Scuff marks on roof
• Also includes
- Original 1.7 engine with complete FI and exhaust system
- Original interior mirror and radio
- Two extra transmissions, one in good working order the other a donor for parts
- Numerous boxes of parts
Cairo94507
Looks like a nice car. The pictures had dates showing 1.5 years ago. Is that the car when you bought it or how it appears today? GLWTS. beerchug.gif
adolimpio
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Sep 11 2018, 08:48 AM) *

Looks like a nice car. The pictures had dates showing 1.5 years ago. Is that the car when you bought it or how it appears today? GLWTS. beerchug.gif

I really did not do much body work, that's beyond my capabilities, so many of the pictures are from a while ago. Most of my efforts were mechanical. I took new pictures when it was appropriate.
Cairo94507
Cool. beerchug.gif
adolimpio
Pictures updated!

I've received comments about pictures being out of date, and questions about whether the seat covers were hiding something. The seat covers were purely for comfort, the normal seats get pretty hot in the SC sun and the sheepskins do a great job of insulating you from it.

Note there are still pictures from about 2 years ago, primarily the suspension and longs. I doubt that those areas have changed and I'm reluctant to pull the rocker panels again. The only adverse weather that the car has seen is driving home in the rain from Okteenerfest!

Picture link again is: http://914.dolimpios.com
michael7810
Nice looking car. Curious about the cruise control; would you mind sharing what system you used and how well it works. I just finished a 4200 mile journey in my 914 and that's one mod I wished I had.'
Thanks and GLWTS
burton73
GLWTS

Color is right

Bob B
adolimpio
The Cruise Control is from a company called Rostra - http://www.rostra.com/

It works great. There is only one strange issue, when you first turn the unit on, you must press the brake or clutch once before it will engage. After that it engages promptly when pressing the Set switch. The trickiest part was mounting a switch on the pedal cluster so that the clutch will disengage the cruise.

Here are some pictures:

IPB Image
Actuator mounted to top of air filter

IPB Image
Speed sensor - two magnets mounter on CV join and sensor mounted to transmission

IPB Image
Throttle linkage

IPB Image
Control mounted to shifter. It's menta to be mounted to the turn signal lever, but it was pretty bulky. I had to add a LED to the top so that I could see when it was turned on. The standard LED pointed straight up and could not be seen in daylight.
michael7810
QUOTE(adolimpio @ Sep 24 2018, 12:24 PM) *

The Cruise Control is from a company called Rostra - http://www.rostra.com/

It works great. There is only one strange issue, when you first turn the unit on, you must press the brake or clutch once before it will engage. After that it engages promptly when pressing the Set switch. The trickiest part was mounting a switch on the pedal cluster so that the clutch will disengage the cruise.

Here are some pictures:

IPB Image
Actuator mounted to top of air filter

IPB Image
Speed sensor - two magnets mounter on CV join and sensor mounted to transmission

IPB Image
Throttle linkage

IPB Image
Control mounted to shifter. It's menta to be mounted to the turn signal lever, but it was pretty bulky. I had to add a LED to the top so that I could see when it was turned on. The standard LED pointed straight up and could not be seen in daylight.

Thanks for the info
adolimpio
Cylinder compression numbers updated in initial post.

A friend questioned the numbers previously posted because I had used a Harbor Freight gauge. He loaned me his SnapOn gauge and sure enough, the readings were much better.

I think I'll trust the SnapOn results!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.