Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Momo Hub Adaptability?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RickS
Need the brain trusts noggins on whether this mystery wheel might bolt up to a Momo hub. The existing hub says Made in Italy but that’s it. Wheel has no identification but it has a fat grip and finger notches on the back. Love the ergonomics but the spaced on it is not designed for 6’2”. Car originally a 4

Thoughts?

Click to view attachment
RickS
Another shot
Click to view attachment
zig-n-zag
Sorta looks like a Le carra.
RickS
Took it to a machine shop which specializes in Formula Fords to see if they could cut down the rings and then reassemble. They said for $300 to $400 no problem. Yeah right. If no one knows I might just order a Momo hub and see if they match, that is if Momo still makes them.
jcd914
It looks like a Momo hub with an adapter attached to it.
Take the adapter off and measure the diameter and spacing of the mounting hole is the hub and post it. I can probably find my Momo hub this evening and measure it.

Jim
marksteinhilber
I have a Momo hub that was drilled and tapped to fit a 5 screw wheel common in the US like Grant Wheels. I have also made adapter plates to fit a LeCarra wheel to a Momo hub and to then use the smaller diameter Momo style horn button. All way less than $200. the cast aluminum style Momo hub is very adaptable.Click to view attachment
HerdofCrickets
QUOTE(marksteinhilber @ Sep 11 2018, 01:13 PM) *

I have a Momo hub that was drilled and tapped to fit a 5 screw wheel common in the US like Grant Wheels. I have also made adapter plates to fit a LeCarra wheel to a Momo hub and to then use the smaller diameter Momo style horn button. All way less than $200. the cast aluminum style Momo hub is very adaptable.Click to view attachment

That wheel is awesome. Been looking to get a different steering wheel....
GregAmy
If it uses the same bolt pattern as the Italian Luisi wheels, you can use this spacer to adapt it.

http://www.ompamerica.com/product_info.php...products_id/433
sixnotfour
id be interested in the bigone
RickS
QUOTE(GregAmy @ Sep 11 2018, 12:18 PM) *

If it uses the same bolt pattern as the Italian Luisi wheels, you can use this spacer to adapt it.

http://www.ompamerica.com/product_info.php...products_id/433

Thanks to all. I will check these out.
RickS
QUOTE(jcd914 @ Sep 11 2018, 10:45 AM) *

It looks like a Momo hub with an adapter attached to it.
Take the adapter off and measure the diameter and spacing of the mounting hole is the hub and post it. I can probably find my Momo hub this evening and measure it.

Jim

Dam. In Cali until Sunday or I could get the measurements. Will definitely do when I return to the Pac NW.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.