Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: D-jet testing?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
r3dplanet
Hi.

I want to sell the D-Jet setup from my '73 EA code 1.7 liter engine. Over the years and headaches it has all been rebuilt, but I'd like to make sure it runs correctly before making it someone else's problem if it isn't in correct working order.

The engine I just rebuilt has a carb cam and I don't have proper injectors for what is now 1911cc displacement. So I can't just pop it onto my engine and test it.

Sure, I can sell it as "probably works" but I don't want to be that guy.

Just asking for opinions or takers.

Thanks!

-marcus
r3dplanet

Just to add some info.. it turns out that I do have some injectors. Black VW units meant for a 1600cc engine that somewhere along the way I was told would work. I'm not an expert on this subject. But it turns out that the kit is more complete than I thought.

-m.

QUOTE(r3dplanet @ Sep 10 2018, 08:01 PM) *

Hi.

I want to sell the D-Jet setup from my '73 EA code 1.7 liter engine. Over the years and headaches it has all been rebuilt, but I'd like to make sure it runs correctly before making it someone else's problem if it isn't in correct working order.

The engine I just rebuilt has a carb cam and I don't have proper injectors for what is now 1911cc displacement. So I can't just pop it onto my engine and test it.

Sure, I can sell it as "probably works" but I don't want to be that guy.

Just asking for opinions or takers.

Thanks!

-marcus

Tdskip
Bump for a good question and a member here trying to be a good seller.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.