Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 9/11
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ValcoOscar
Forever etched in my memory.
Rare morning at home with family nursing a cold when this occurred...watched it unfold live.

Click to view attachment
Dion
My son was only 10 days old, we awoke to this while getting the kids ready for their day.
It’s like the my generations “Pearl Harbor” at least that’s my perception.
Yes never forget. flag.gif
76-914
flag.gif flag.gif flag.gif Rot in Hell Bin Laden!
EdwardBlume
Shock and then anger. Flew my flag in the back window of my 993 from that point on. Never forget.
ClayPerrine
I was at work at Microsoft on a support call. I was remoted into a customer's system and in the middle of troubleshooting, the call and the internet connection dropped. We didn't know what was going on. The TVs in the area all went down, and we couldn't get to the internet.

I stripped a cat5 network cable and rigged an antenna for one of the TVs. Got a static filled broadcast from the local news station and found out what was going on. We were not getting calls, so we stood around that TV for hours in total shock.

My customer that dropped called me back about a week later. Seems he was in a building less than 1 block from the twin towers. Their power, network and phones were cut when the towers came down. They were evacuated for a week and couldn't get back in the office. They didn't have internet for a month.

Coondog
Not my favorite day......took these pictures a couple years ago at the National Fire Academy located in Emmittsburg MD.

Teaching at the Fire Academy yesterday, I was going to ask the recruits where they were on 911, then I looked at them and thought to myself most of them were not even 5 years old on that day.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
rhodyguy
Getting up early I used to watch the early news when online. The tv was on and I watched the second aircraft go into the WTC realtime. My mom was set to leave for England that AM and I was going to drive her to SEA-TAC. Called her, "turn on the tv mom. You're not going anywhere".
Jamie
My thoughts go to the heroes that attempted to take control of the plane that crashed in PA. They knew they were on a fatal course no matter what they did, but they prevented another disaster from occurring due to their actions.
914 Ranch
Never Forget.
Let's Roll.
I'm fucken crying...
Lucky9146
So many lives lost, so many lives touched.
Yes, lets Never forget!
mb911
QUOTE(Dion @ Sep 11 2018, 07:00 AM) *

My son was only 10 days old, we awoke to this while getting the kids ready for their day.
It’s like the my generations “Pearl Harbor” at least that’s my perception.
Yes never forget. flag.gif

My oldest was about 6 month's old and yes to the pearl harbor reference.
sechszylinder
I will never forget these days.
2001 in September I‘ve been on an international trade show (IBC) in Amsterdam and all the booths of the US companies very empty due to the shutdown of the air traffic.
It was so sad ... I will never forget ...
BR
Benno
Larmo63
That was an unforgettable day, but I can't help but think that we, as a nation, need a REAL investigation about what REALLY happened that day.

Controlled demolition:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mamvq7LWqRU
Coondog
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Sep 12 2018, 06:16 PM) *

That was an unforgettable day, but I can't help but think that we, as a nation, need a REAL investigation about what REALLY happened that day.

Controlled demolition:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mamvq7LWqRU

Oh dear, this is what the so many people miss about the North and South Towers and their means of construction - prior to the initial design and construction of the WTC most skyscrapers were built with the traditional steel frame construction. People assume that the WTC towers were built that way too (which is why they keep bringing up the 1945 aircraft crash into the Empire State Building). “side note” B-25 fully loaded weighted 34,000 lbs and a 767 weights 395,000 lbs. But the WTC was different - it was the first to adapt to a core and skin type of construction to balance the weight load evenly. In the older construction, all of the weight was placed upon the steel frame. But with a core and skin system, they worked together to distribute the weight.

When the aircraft penetrated the WTC towers, the skin was separated from the core on three sides, meaning that the weight was distributed too much on the core, which then had to hold a weight load that it was never designed to hold. When the fires that consumed the towers finally pierced the last side of skin, it was fully detached from the core, meaning that all of the weight was on the core, which caused a lack of structural integrity and caused one floor to pancake onto the next floor and so forth until all 110 floors were consumed.

If the building was constructed in a traditional steel frame manner, there is a high likelihood that the FDNY would have been able to eventually reach the upper floors and extinguish the fire enough to provide an escape route for the people trapped on the upper floors, and either it would not collapse or have a partial collapse - not a full scale collapse as what happened. There was a full collapse of a high rise building some years ago in South American, but that building was fully involved in fire.

Don’t understand the conspiracy theorist when there is lots of videos watching to 767s crashing into the Twin Towers.
Larmo63
This isn't the place to argue, because it will veer into politics quickly.

The video is of WTC Building 7, btw.

I sent you a pm, Greg.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.