Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Toy
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
76-914
My Old & Tired Miller 140 entered an early and unscheduled retirement yesterday. Feeling a bit insecure w/o a welder I hoped in the truck and came back with one of these. piratenanner.gif

Click to view attachment
Andyrew
Awesome settings! Dummy proof! I was always surprised that they never did stuff like that.
Chi-town
I really like the 211, nice unit and the new auto-set is crazy good.
ClayPerrine
I need one like this.

How much???
76-914
$999 complete with regulator, hose, and 2 lb spool of wire. If you buy from a Miller appv'd store. Tank and spool gun for aluminum are extra. There is a $280 discount this month on this and one other model. Took me about 20 min's to figure out the 100% & 25% settings but they're for which shielding gas your running. Also, the 221 comes with a cord end that is quick change and can go from 120v to 240v with a twist of the wrist in less than 15 seconds. Another plus is that the drive wheel now has a 3rd groove for flux core. A 37 lb unit you can take anywhere. Get ready for the new generation welder @ClayPerrine . When I first powered it up the panel lit up but no fan noise. I thought it was DOA! av-943.gif The fan comes on when needed and shuts off automatically as well. Changing wire size is now very quick too. When you squeeze the trigger the wire speed moves normally for 3 seconds then goes into overdrive. Only takes a couple of seconds for the new wire to travel the tip. monkeydance.gif
https://www.millerwelds.com/equipment/welde...g-welder-m30024
cary
110/220 combo ?
FL000
Nice! Good investment. How long did your old Miller last?
mepstein
I got the Hobart mvp dual voltage for $850. Similar but a transformer instead of an inverter so about 2x as heavy. I don't plan to travel with it so not an issue for me. I haven't even taken it out of the box. Still need to get a gas bottle. Soon
76-914
QUOTE(cary @ Sep 11 2018, 07:52 PM) *

110/220 combo ?
Yes Sir. Click on that link to watch the video. IIRC, it shows how it is switched over. Genius!
QUOTE(FL 000 @ Sep 11 2018, 08:02 PM) *

Nice! Good investment. How long did your old Miller last?
I bought it used then used it another 5 years. I bought it from a fabricator that went out of business after a year so that's about 15 year's in Hobbiest hours.
QUOTE(mepstein @ Sep 11 2018, 08:18 PM) *

I got the Hobart mvp dual voltage for $850. Similar but a transformer instead of an inverter so about 2x as heavy. I don't plan to travel with it so not an issue for me. I haven't even taken it out of the box. Still need to get a gas bottle. Soon

Your going to be welding in no time. It starts with a tack weld on some non structural part, then you advance to a bead that resembles the Sierra Madre's but when ground down ain't too bad. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.