Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: battery
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
johnpierre
hey everyone

I need to replace my battery - like everything i probably could just buy anything but i though i check to see if there is actually a battery that is the best for my 73. any thoughts.

-jp-
milwlandrover
the original battery was a group 42
thelogo
QUOTE(johnpierre @ Sep 11 2018, 08:58 AM) *

hey everyone

I need to replace my battery - like everything i probably could just buy anything but i though i check to see if there is actually a battery that is the best for my 73. any thoughts.

-jp-

Die hard ,lead acid beer3.gif
Sealed batt is what im running make sure its sealed and your good .

Unless you plan on parking the car and leave it sitting for 10 years
Then use a agm battery or just take the batt out
914Toy
Dry cell. Optima is reliable and long lasting.
Rand
This has been discussed a lot. The typical gotos are Optima and Odyssey. I run an Odyssey PC680 and love it because it's dry and small and light. But going forward I would absolutely keep watching lithium ion. I think it's the future. It already owns smaller sports like RC because it's way more efficient when weight counts.
rgalla9146
QUOTE(Rand @ Sep 11 2018, 06:26 PM) *

This has been discussed a lot. The typical gotos are Optima and Odyssey. I run an Odyssey PC680 and love it because it's dry and small and light. But going forward I would absolutely keep watching lithium ion. I think it's the future. It already owns smaller sports like RC because it's way more efficient when weight counts.

How did you attach your cables to the pc 680 ?
Are there adapter posts available ?
Montreal914
I've been using the Odyssey PC925 for a few years on my DD.
Been very happy with it.

Click to view attachment
jcambo7
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Sep 11 2018, 09:01 PM) *

QUOTE(Rand @ Sep 11 2018, 06:26 PM) *

How did you attach your cables to the pc 680 ?
Are there adapter posts available ?

Yes they have adapter posts available. I have the same battery with the posts added and use a trickle charger for long time storage.
thelogo
QUOTE(Montreal914 @ Sep 11 2018, 07:48 PM) *

Been very happy with it.

Click to view attachment

What is the round metal thing at the bottom right corner of photo
Running right by the red wire ?
Anybody? ??
Valy
Costco has a good deal on batteries with long warranty (5-6 years). If you don't drive too much, you will probably need that warranty.
You need size 42

QUOTE(thelogo @ Sep 11 2018, 09:58 PM) *

QUOTE(Montreal914 @ Sep 11 2018, 07:48 PM) *

Been very happy with it.

Click to view attachment

Anybody? ??

porschetub
QUOTE(thelogo @ Sep 12 2018, 09:13 AM) *

QUOTE(johnpierre @ Sep 11 2018, 08:58 AM) *

hey everyone

-jp-

Die hard ,lead acid beer3.gif
Sealed batt is what im running make sure its sealed and your good .

Unless you plan on parking the car and leave it sitting for 10 years
Then use a agm battery or just take the batt out

Another strange reply I see beer3.gif beer3.gif or maybe smoke.gif smoke.gif ,read the other thread on here regarding battery options or go to Pelican and read Jack Olsens topic ,very interesting reading.
Modern tech on batteries has moved ahead very fast of late...no longer do you need to have a boat anchor in your engine bay.
era vulgaris
QUOTE(thelogo @ Sep 12 2018, 12:58 AM) *

Anybody? ??

It looks like a deceleration valve for FI.
North Coast Jim
QUOTE(johnpierre @ Sep 11 2018, 11:58 AM) *

hey everyone

-jp-

Optima Red Top. Love mine. No acid leaks hence Hell Hole issues reduced.
ThreeV8s
I would only buy agm for these cars. I went with a duracell U1R (miata battery) and added a negative blade style cut-off switch (added after pic in thread link below...that was temporary). If you decide to put it on a trickle charger, the battery tender junior won’t ruin it. The thread below might be helpful. There are several.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...p;#entry2536236
campbellcj
The Optima red top is a fantastic option for street cars. I've been using the Odyssey 680 (small one) for many years; keep it on a kill switch while not driving which I think greatly extends life. It'll sit for weeks between starts and can be mounted sideways. I have it mounted to the stock battery tray on its side with their supplied metal bracket.
johnpierre
hey everyone

thanks for the info - i went and purchased a optima, $$$$ but i guess my baby is worth it
-jp-
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.