Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Changing throttle body (early vs late)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rjames
'75 2.0.
The throttle body on my car is pretty worn- big ol' groove on the inside from the butterfly plate makes it stick. As part of my quest to fix an idle that hunts down, I'm looking to replace it. I found one in good shape but it's got both the retard and the vacuum ports. Mine only had the retard port. If I get it, do I hook up the vacuum or block it off?
Or is there something else that's different between the early/late 2.0 TBs such that I shouldn't install it? I believe the part #s are the same.
Dave_Darling
That's the only difference. Try hooking up the advance and see if you like it. If not, you can block it off at the throttle body. Don't block off the distributor fitting, though, as it can interfere with the vacuum retard as well.

--DD
rjames
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Sep 11 2018, 04:45 PM) *

That's the only difference. Try hooking up the advance and see if you like it. If not, you can block it off at the throttle body. Don't block off the distributor fitting, though, as it can interfere with the vacuum retard as well.

--DD

Perfect. Thanks, Dave!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.