Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mirror turn signals.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bmtrnavsky
One of the things I am thinking about doing is adding turn signals to my mirrors. Its a minor addition, but it adds a touch of safety and depending on how I do it won't cost very much.

I found this: https://www.amazon.com/iJDMTOY-Universal-Tu...t/dp/B008B86O7Q

But was curious how others have done it?

BTW I do not have the original mirror. the current mirror is a baby turbo. I will likely change that out for something else, but no idea what yet.
eitnurg
.........just where they are the most vulnerable: they get banged, knocked, scraped and eventually break and stop working. Every time I go to a Mercedes dealer to buy a replacement I curse the numbskull designer who thought it was a good idea to place them there.....
jim_hoyland
Looks like a better fit for a flag mirror ? And might be more suitable for slower-moving cars and trucks ?
Valy
Adding that inside the mirror doesn't make a lot of sense as it can only be seen from behind.
You would probably want them on the outside of the mirror so the will get lateral visibility.
RickS
After nearly getting hit by someone not seeing my front turn signals I just cross wired the front warts to blink with blinkers like GM cars used to. Don’t ask me how I did it since it was about 10 years ago.
Chris914n6
Nobody is going to be looking for flashers in an old car mirror. The flashing wart is a good idea.
rgolia
The flashing wart works great especially with a good led bulb.
eitnurg
It seems to be all here

Daniel Stern Lighting
bmtrnavsky
My truck has the red flashers in the mirror... I figure every bit helps... I am seriously looking at the flashing wart though. that's brilliant. Sadly I also wanted to french those in a little so they were less "out there" that may defeat the purpose. I wonder if I can figure out how to make both sides of the flag mirror flash?
914forme
I did it once with a Miata Mirror. Added a few LEDS to the outer edge, worked great. Do not have pictures, sorry that was a long time ago.
Big Len
Using the side markers seems like a much better idea.
RickS
If I remember correctly I ran a positive jumper from the forward turn signal to the negative/ground on the wart. With running/headlights off the positive lead on the wart acts as the ground. With them on the flasher short circuits the wart light and it flashes. Use a multimeter to verify this is right.

But I could be wrong so if you go up in flames do this mod at your own risk
Chris914n6
I think I've seen motorcycle mirrors with turn lights built in. Might be hard to find a big enough one to see with though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.