Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Steel GT flare installation
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ewdysar
I've got a set of Steel flares and I'd like anyone's recommendations on where to get them installed. I've never welded a thing in my life, and I'm not interested in screwing up the outside of my car as a learning experiance (again). I'm looking for a "ready to paint" install. I've already received a $1600 quote for the fender work. I might have my inner long kit installed at the same time, and maybe a GT rear console reinforcement kit (Hey Engman, you got an alternative yet?). Does anybody have leads on good, local work?

Thanks,
Eric
Cap'n Krusty
I've had good results with Beach Boys, next to Otto's. The 2 cars with SC flares came out great, and you'd be hard pressed to see where the work was done. The Cap'n
ewdysar
icon_bump.gif
Eric
MattR
I sent you a pm. Did you get it?
andys
Ok, I'll throw one in the hopper: http://www.tri-cengineering.com/

Although this is a hotrod shop, the owner ran a Formula Atlantic team for many years, and I have personally seen resto work on an original GT40 and one of the original 'Ol Yaller MKVII's. Lot's of sports and racing vehicles go through there, so don't let the ZZ Top personna fool you, they appear do really great work. The owner, Rick, is a very forthcomming guy without an attitude unlike so often seen in this business.

Good luck,

Andy
Mike D.
QUOTE (Cap'n Krusty @ Jun 16 2005, 10:44 AM)
I've had good results with Beach Boys, next to Otto's. The 2 cars with SC flares came out great, and you'd be hard pressed to see where the work was done. The Cap'n

agree.gif What the Cap't said...I'm taking a car there to get steel flares next week. And I've friends that have had other cars done there that cam out great. I have also seen a couple of totaled cars come out of there looking as new as the day before the accident. cool.gif They will also work with you on a budget if you don't mind taking a few months...
ewdysar
Thanks guys. Matt I did get your PM. I'm just looking for options...

Eric
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.